Shawna is an associate lawyer practising with the firm’s advocacy group in Saskatoon.
Shawna’s areas of practice include municipal law, civil litigation and Occupational Health and Safety.
Shawna obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Saskatchewan College of Law in 2019. She completed a clerkship at the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal for her articling year where she was responsible for preparing research memos and summaries of upcoming criminal appeals. During law school she was a member of the Saskatchewan Law Review Editorial Board and worked as a research assistant for several professors at the College of Law.
- Board member, Saskatoon CCS Counselling Services (2017)
- Guest speaker, International Women of Saskatoon (2016)
- Co-author, “Indirect and Invisible Organizational Costs: Making Informed Decisions about Litigation and Settlement,” Cardozo J Conflict Resol 49 (2018)
- Co-author, “Anticipating and Managing the Psychological Cost of Civil Litigation,” 34:2 Windsor YB Access Just 73 (2018)
- Eldon Wooliams Scholarship (2018)
- STLA Western Canada Moot Award (2018)
- Upper Year Juris Doctor Academic Achievement Scholarship (2017)
- Saskatchewan Law Review Editorial Board (2017-2018)
- Harris & Lauretta & Raymond Earl Parr Memorial Entrance Scholarship (2016)
- Dean’s Honor Roll (1993, 1995 and 1996)
- Margaret L. Clarke Award (1993)