Shawna is an associate lawyer practising with the firm’s advocacy group in Regina.
Shawna has particular interest in the areas of civil litigation, privacy & freedom of information, and criminal law & regulatory offences.
Shawna obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Saskatchewan College of Law in 2019. She completed a clerkship at the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal for her articling year where she was responsible for preparing research memos and summaries of upcoming criminal appeals. During law school she was a member of the Saskatchewan Law Review Editorial Board and worked as a research assistant for several professors at the College of Law.
- Board member, Saskatoon CCS Counselling Services (2017)
- Guest speaker, International Women of Saskatoon (2016)
- Co-author, “Indirect and Invisible Organizational Costs: Making Informed Decisions about Litigation and Settlement,” Cardozo J Conflict Resol 49 (2018)
- Co-author, “Anticipating and Managing the Psychological Cost of Civil Litigation,” 34:2 Windsor YB Access Just 73 (2018)
- Eldon Wooliams Scholarship (2018)
- STLA Western Canada Moot Award (2018)
- Upper Year Juris Doctor Academic Achievement Scholarship (2017)
- Saskatchewan Law Review Editorial Board (2017-2018)
- Harris & Lauretta & Raymond Earl Parr Memorial Entrance Scholarship (2016)
- Dean’s Honor Roll (1993, 1995 and 1996)
- Margaret L. Clarke Award (1993)