Sheldon McDonald is an associate in the firm’s Calgary office who focuses his practice on corporate/commercial matters.
Sheldon advises a variety of businesses on M&A transactions, capital raisings, corporate governance and general corporate and commercial matters, drawing on his background in business administration to help his clients achieve their goals.
Sheldon was called to the Alberta Bar in August 2021. At law school, he was involved in numerous extracurricular activities, including working as a caseworker with Student Legal Assistance, serving as an executive member of the Student Ambassador Program and playing on the law school’s rugby team.
While at law school, he provided legal information and drafts of various corporate documents to a number of start-up businesses in Calgary as part of a clinical course.
Sheldon was a varsity football and track athlete, and spends much of his time outside the office running, cycling and skiing.
- Volunteer, Indigenous Youth Outreach Project and the Consent Project, Pro Bono Students Canada (2017-2020)
- Executive Member, Student Ambassador, University of Calgary Faculty of Law (2017-2020)
- Student Case Worker, Student Legal Assistance (2017-2019)
- Participant, Sensory Motor Instructional Leadership Experience (S.M.I.L.E.; 2014-2016)
- Linebackers Coach, Assistant Defensive Coordinator, Specials Teams Coach, Metro Toronto Wildcats Football Club (2015)
- Participant, Acadia Axemen Football (2013-2014)