Shikha Somani has extensive experience drafting patent applications and searching, analyzing and determining the patentability of applications.
Shikha is a registered U.S. patent agent and a Canadian patent agent in training with considerable experience examining electrical patents and computer software and hardware patents. She regularly drafts patent applications and patentability assessments for clients, in addition to reviewing and drafting responses to office actions.
Prior to joining MLT Aikins, Shikha worked as a U.S. patent agent, drafting patent applications for U.S. clients and secondary filings for foreign clients, and conducting prior art searches and patent landscape analyses. She has also held roles as a patent consultant, an intellectual property specialist at a technology firm and a patent examiner with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Employment Coach, Immigrant Services Calgary
- Past President, Women in Science and Engineering at the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Past Mentor, New Examining Mentoring Program at the United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Cincinnatus Founders Scholarship
- Eta Kappa Nu Honors Society
- Honors Scholars Program