Steven is an associate in the corporate finance and securities group in the firm’s Vancouver office. His practice is focused on securities, mergers and acquisitions and corporate transactions.
Steven completed his Juris Doctor in 2018 at the University of British Columbia. During law school, he was member of the UBC Presidents’ Non-Academic Misconduct Standing Committee.
Steven completed his articles with MLT Aikins in 2019 and was previously a summer student in the firm’s Vancouver office in 2017. Prior to attending law school, Steven completed three years toward a Bachelor of Science degree in biophysics and mathematics at the University of British Columbia.
Steven is bilingual in English and Mandarin.
- Counsel for private technology company in reverse take-over with TSXV listed issuer
- Counsel for agents in private placement financings
- Counsel for Capital Pool Companies on the TSXV Exchange
- Acted for various private issuers in private placement financings
- Member, UBC President’s Non-Academic Misconduct Standing Committee (2015-2018)
- Volunteer, Royal Columbian Hospital Emergency Department (2012-2016)
- Panvini Scholarship in Law (2018)
- Allan McEachern Prize in Criminal Law (2016)
- Canadian Institutes for Health Research Summer Studentship Award (2015)
- The University Physics Competition, Silver Medal (2014)