Sydney maintains a general corporate/commercial law practice which includes financing, real estate matters and commercial transactions.
Sydney has experience advising on commercial real estate, transactions, financings and various corporate governance matters. She has worked with businesses of all sizes with a particular focus on municipalities and First Nation clients. Sydney has developed a client focus through her previous experience working in public affairs where she advised on community relations, communications and stakeholder engagement in both the public sector and for various traditional as well as renewable energy companies.
Prior to completing law school, Sydney worked as an intern in policy development for the federal government as well as for a large Canadian energy company.
- Sixth place oralist, Laskin Administrative and Constitutional Law Moot (2018-2019)
- Semifinalist, Donald J. Bowman National Tax Moot (2017-2018)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Alberta Law Review (2018-2019)
- Calgary Women Studying Law Treasurer (2018- 2019)
- Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Project, Pro Bono Students Canada (2017-2019)
- Events Volunteer, Calgary Chamber of Commerce (2017-2019)
- Tax Court Assistance Program, Student Legal Assistance (2017-2018)
- Indigenous Youth Outreach Program (Dare to Dream), Pro Bono Students Canada (2017-2018)
- The Consent Project (Yes Means Yes), Pro Bono Students Canada (2016-2017)
- Moderator, Canada’s Energy and Environmental Politics National Conference (2015)