Sydney maintains a general corporate/commercial practice including advising on financing, corporate structuring and governance, share and asset transactions as well as law and policy development. She has worked with businesses of all sizes with a particular focus on municipalities and Indigenous clients.
Sydney advises Indigenous clients on a variety of matters, including corporate structuring of Indigenous-owned businesses, financial administration, share and asset transactions, limited partnership agreements and joint venture agreements. She also advises on asserting and exercising jurisdiction over core areas of governance including law and policy development. In particular, Sydney assists Indigenous clients in drafting their child and family service laws.
Prior to completing law school, Sydney worked as an intern in policy development for the federal government as well as in public affairs in both the public sector and for various traditional as well as renewable energy companies.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Alberta Law Review (2018-2019)
- Calgary Women Studying Law Treasurer (2018- 2019)
- Sixth place oralist, Laskin Administrative and Constitutional Law Moot (2018-2019)
- Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Project, Pro Bono Students Canada (2017-2019)
- Events Volunteer, Calgary Chamber of Commerce (2017-2019)
- Tax Court Assistance Program, Student Legal Assistance (2017-2018)
- Semifinalist, Donald J. Bowman National Tax Moot (2017-2018)
- Indigenous Youth Outreach Program (Dare to Dream), Pro Bono Students Canada (2017-2018)
- The Consent Project (Yes Means Yes), Pro Bono Students Canada (2016-2017)
- Moderator, Canada’s Energy and Environmental Politics National Conference (2015)