Todd is a Winnipeg lawyer focused primarily in the areas of corporate and commercial and securities law. He regularly advises privately held and publicly traded corporations and investment funds and First Nations’ economic development organizations.
Todd advises privately held and publicly traded corporations and investment funds in connection with public and private offerings, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital financings, takeover bids, purchase and sales of businesses, secured transactions, corporate governance and compliance matters. Todd has a broad base of experience acquired by advising clients in various industries at all stages of development.
He provides general legal advice to clients and their senior management to assist them in meeting their business objectives. He has significant international and domestic multi-jurisdictional experience and often acts as external general counsel to his clients by engaging and leading teams of professionals in matters that are outside of the jurisdictions or fields in which he practises. Todd regularly acts as counsel in multi-jurisdictional public and private offerings of securities, secured transactions and the creation and structuring of Manitoba limited partnerships.
Todd advises First Nations’ and their economic development organizations, including in respect of the creation and organization of such entities and in respect of the ongoing operations of and investments by such entities. He has experience representing First Nations communities in negotiations with resource companies to establish joint ventures and other business relationships.
- Past Presiding Member, Surface Rights Board of Manitoba
- Member, The Law Society of Manitoba
- Member, The Law Society of Ontario
- Inactive Member, The Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- “Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit Program in Manitoba – Are You Eligible?” (April 28, 2015)
- “Significant Amendments to National Instrument 45 – 106 Exemptions Announced” (March 19, 2015)
- Lawyer of the Year, Commercial Leasing Law, Best Lawyers (Winnipeg, 2022)
- Recognized in Lexpert Special Edition as one of Canada’s Leading Energy Lawyers
- Recognized by Lexpert as one of Canada’s Leading Lawyers in mergers and acquisitions
- Recognized in Best Lawyers, Commercial Leasing Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Corporate Law, Securities Law (since 2018)