Wendy is a paralegal practising in the areas of intellectual property and trademarks with more than 20 years of experience working in the legal field.
Wendy has extensive experience drafting trademark applications and filing applications online with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office and reporting to clients regarding filing.
Her work includes:
- Online filings at the Canadian Intellectual Property Office;
- Preparing instruction letters to foreign agents regarding filing applications in other jurisdictions;
- Drafting responses in respect of Examiner Reports and ensuring all deadlines are diarized;
- Preparing reporting letters in respect of approvals, advertisements;
- Drafting documents and correspondence with respect to Oppositions and Section 45 Notices;
- Arranging for final registration of trademarks and prepare reporting letters to clients regarding same and ensuring all due dates are diarized;
- Attending to trademark renewals and report to clients;
- Preparating legal documents relating to corporate and commercial transaction such as corporate resolutions, share purchase agreements, leases, mortgages, loan agreements, general security agreements, guarantees; and
- Drafting documents in relation to the purchase and sale of business/assets and obtaining due diligence searches.