Yassir Alnaji is an associate lawyer practising in the area of corporate/commercial law with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance and startup enterprises.
- Acquisition, sale and securities transactions involving businesses across a wide array of industries including health care (dental practices, orthodontic practices, medical clinics, veterinary clinics and pharmacies), manufacturing and transport.
- Shareholder buyouts including buyouts pursuant to shotgun buy-sell provisions in shareholder/partnership agreements
- Acquisition of majority stake in Steeltown Ford Sales 1980 Ltd. by a related party of Selkirk Chevrolet Buick GMC Ltd.
- Acquisition of H.O. Wolding, Inc. by Bison Transport
- Sale of ScootAround, Inc. to WHILL, Inc.
With an entrepreneurial background as a business owner, Yassir brings his passion for business into the legal realm and assists clients with the implementation and execution of operational, tactical and strategic decisions as well as developing efficient, creative and effective legal solutions.
- Bill 203:The Legal Profession Amendment Act (Queen’s Counsel Appointments), MANITOBA LAW JOURNAL | VOLUME 41 ISSUE 1
- Faculty of Science (Dean’s Honour List)
- Recipient of the Honorable Archibald S. Dewar Prize for excellence in the Faculty of Law’s Advocacy program (2018)
- Winner of the MacIntyre Western Canada Trial Cup Moot Competition (2018)
- Runner-up at the Sopinka Cup National Moot Competition (2018)
- Recipient of the Best Closing Address Prize in the Sopinka Cup National Moot Competition (2018)
- Recognized as a top 10 oralist at the Davies’ Annual Corporate/Securities Law Moot (2017)
- Recipient of the Manitoba Bar Association Solomon Greenberg Prize for first place at the Solomon Greenberg Moot Competition (2017)
- Recipient of the A.J. Christie Prize for top standing in Advocacy (2017)
- Recipient of the D.A. Thompson Q.C. Prizes in Law for top standing in Civil Procedure (2017)
- Recipient of the Max and Manly Isaac’s Prize for best written assignment in Legal Methods (2016)
- Recipient of the University of Manitoba Undergraduate Research Award (2016)