Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
Blockchain and its related technologies are expected to significantly change the ways in which businesses operate and how society interacts. The proliferation of cryptocurrencies is only one aspect of the potential these technologies possess to revolutionize and disrupt the way business is done around the world.
- Assist your blockchain and cryptocurrency business raise money, protect your technology and comply with applicable laws. Your business will be stopped in its tracks if it is off-side from a legal perspective or if someone steals your technology – your reputation and credibility are key to your potential investors and business partners.
- Help your non-tech organization understand the impact these new technologies will have on your business and how to engage and work with blockchain and cryptocurrency technology and businesses.
We offer legal services covering a wide range of areas in which blockchain technology applications intersect – or are likely to intersect in the future – with commercial activities and capital formation.
- Initial coin/token offerings
- Anti-money laundering compliance
- Investment fund formation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Virtual/digital currency
- Privacy and data security
- Securities law compliance
- Intellectual property protection
- Going public transactions
- Licensing, service and related contracts
- Protecting your technology
- Educational sessions on the impact of this new technology
We help you understand and address the complex and evolving legal and regulatory issues and risks that inhabit the ever-changing blockchain technology environment as it relates to your business.
We assist clients with:
- Forming cryptocurrency investment funds, cryptocurrency mining operations, token generation events, and general onboarding of blockchain related technology.
- Acquiring, developing and using blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies to support business operations.
MLT Aikins Advantage
- We have the right combination of legal and IT industry experience. Our experienced team has specific experience with corporate finance, M&A, IT law, cybersecurity law, tech litigation and privacy law. With lawyers who have worked as in-house counsel as well as lawyers who have worked in the IT industry, we understand issues from a client, technical and IT industry perspective.
- We work with you as part of your team. You know your business; our job is important to listen to you to ensure the formulation and implementation of the project execution and compliance strategy is customized and tailored to your organization. We do not take a one-size-fits-all approach.
Subscribe now to receive email insights related to cryptocurrency, blockchain, coins, tokens, capital market regulations and legal approaches to this new industry.