Tom’s practice is focused in corporate finance, securities, mergers and acquisitions and regulatory compliance. He provides services in both English and French.
- Acted for a mining exploration company listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV) in connection with its acquisition of another TSXV listed mining issuer by way of amalgamation
- Acted for a medical marijuana company in connection with a reverse takeover transaction with a TSXV listed mining issuer
- Acted for a mining exploration issuer in a transaction involving a change of business, reverse takeover and transfer of listing from the TSXV to the CSE
- Acted for a TSX listed cleantech company in connection with a $22 million secured debt financing
- Acted for a real estate investment trust (REIT) listed on the TSXV in connection with a $14 million private placement, secured financing, property acquisition and restructuring transaction
- Acted for several capital pool companies in connection with the completion of Qualifying Transactions on the TSXV
- Acted for a U.S.-based mining and oil and gas issuer listed on the NYSE and TSX in connection with the acquisition of licences to explore for oil and gas in Québec
- Advised an industrial services provider to the metals industry in connection with the negotiation of a 10-year, $30 million service contract
- Acted for various insurance companies, brokers and agents in connection with licensing matters and regulatory compliance
Tom advises clients in connection with a broad range of matters, including public offerings, private placements, reverse takeovers, the sale and acquisition of mining titles, strategic alliance arrangements and licensing matters.
He regularly acts for issuers listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX), the TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV) and the Canadian Securities Exchange (CSE), particularly in the mining, oil and gas, real estate, information technology and life sciences sectors.
- Lawyer, BCF LLP (2016-2017)
- Lawyer, McMillan LLP (2012-2016)
- Articling student, McMillan LLP (2012)