Aaron is an associate lawyer in the firm’s Calgary office.
Aaron is an associate lawyer in the employment and labour and general litigation practice groups at the Calgary office of MLT Aikins LLP. He advises employers regarding their legal obligations in managing their workforces and represents employers in litigation matters. His practice involves a broad scope of employment and labour areas including wrongful dismissal, human rights, employment standards, employment contracts and policies, workplace health and safety, and privacy.
Aaron obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Calgary. Throughout law school he volunteered with a number of organizations including Pro Bono Students Canada, the Alberta Civil Liberties Research Centre and OUTLaw.
Prior to starting his legal career, he completed a Bachelor of Commerce in human resources management, then worked as a management consultant for a number of years, completing projects in the areas of organizational change management, learning, communication, human resources and technology implementation. He is certified in the Prosci organizational change management methodology and is currently a candidate for the Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation.
- Board human resources committee member, LGBT Pride Centre of Edmonton (July 2017-present)
- Human Rights Project case worker, Pro Bono Students Canada University of Calgary chapter (September 2018-April 2020)
- VP Events and Treasurer, OUTLaw University of Calgary chapter, (April 2018-April 2019)
- Civic Claims Duty Counsel volunteer, Pro Bono Students Canada University of Calgary chapter (October 2017-April 2018)
- Board director, LGBT Pride Center of Edmonton (February 2016-July 2017)
- Business case competition coach and judge, Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta (December 2013-August 2017)
- Presenter, “Creating an LGBT+ Inclusive Workplace” (co-presented with Alberta Civil Liberties Research Centre), Private Employer, February 2019
- Presenter, “LGBT Classroom Fun” (co-presented with Alberta Civil Liberties Research Centre), Calgary City Teacher’s Convention, February 2019
- Presenter, “Trans Youth: Everyday tasks, everyday challenges” (co-presented with Alberta Civil Liberties Research Centre), Calgary City Teacher’s Convention, February 2019
- Presenter, “LGBT+ Individuals, their Allies, and the Law”, University of Calgary Diversity Days, February 2019
- Presenter, “People Impacts in a Digital World”, University of Alberta HR Conference, March 2017
- Presenter, “Managing Change in Organizations”, University of Lethbridge, November 2016
- Winspear Cup for student leadership, University of Alberta (2014)
- 2nd place, human resources category, JDC West Case Competition, University of Regina (2014)
- 3rd place, Asian Business Case Competition, Nanyang Technological University Singapore (2013)
- 1st place, human resources category, JDC West Case Competition, University of British Columbia (2013)