Brent Matkowski maintains a general labour and employment practice.
Brent assists unionized and non-unionized employers with a variety of labour and employment law issues including labour relations, human rights, occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation, labour standards, employment contracts, employer policies, and discipline. Brent has appeared before the Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board, Provincial Court, Court of Queen’s Bench and Court of Appeal.
- Chair, Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan (North) Administrative and Labour Law Section
- Advisory Committee Member, Canadian Industrial Relations Association Saskatoon Chapter
- Advocacy Committee Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (2014-present)
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) Saskatchewan (2014-present)
- Canadian Industrial Relations Association Saskatoon Chapter (2013-present)
Brent is a regular presenter at the various labour seminars hosted by MLT Aikins. He has presented on topics such as the duty to accommodate, off-duty misconduct, social media, harassment, investigations and occupational health and safety.
Brent has presented at external conferences, including the Centre for Labour-Management Development Accommodation Law Conference (Saskatoon) and The Saskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board Staff Conference.
Brent has contributed to the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources (CPHR) HR Saskatchewan magazine.
- Schulich Scholarship in Law (2010)
- University of Saskatchewan Undergraduate Scholarship (2009)
- University of Saskatchewan Entrance Scholarship (2008)