Brent Matkowski maintains a general labour and employment practice.
Brent assists unionized and non-unionized employers with a variety of labour and employment law issues including labour relations, human rights, occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation, labour standards, employment contracts, employer policies, and discipline. Brent has appeared before the Saskatchewan Labour Relations Board, Provincial Court, Court of Queen’s Bench and Court of Appeal.
- Vice-Chair, Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan (North) Administrative and Labour Law Section
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (2014-present)
- Saskatchewan Association of Human Resource Professionals (2014-present)
- Canadian Industrial Relations Association Saskatoon Chapter (2013-present)
- Presenter, “The Duty to Accommodate,” HR Professionals Seminar, MLT (September 2015)
- Presenter, “Occupational Health and Safety Investigations,” Occupational Health and Safety Investigations and the Law Workshop, MLT (May 2015)
- Presenter, “Wrongful Dismissal Update,” Labour Update, MLT (June 2016)
- Presenter, “Harassment in the Workplace,” HR Professionals Seminar, MLT (September 2016)
- Presenter, “Off-Duty Misconduct and Social Media Risk Mitigation,” Aboriginal Employment Law Update, MLT (September 2016)
- Presenter, “The Duty to Accommodate in the Workplace,” The Saskatchewan Workers’ Compensation Board Staff Conference (September 2016)
- Schulich Scholarship in Law (2010)
- University of Saskatchewan Undergraduate Scholarship (2009)
- University of Saskatchewan Entrance Scholarship (2008)