Chris is a member of the firm’s corporate / commercial practice group. His practice has a specific focus on mergers & acquisitions, commercial lending, and corporate governance. Chris also has experience with commercial real-estate transactions and prospectus-exempt securities offerings. Chris advises clients across various industries and sectors, with a specific focus on private equity and mid-market operating companies, both private and public.
- Counsel to Mosaic Capital Corporation and its minority operating partner in connection with the sale of Ambassador Mechanical LP
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of a $5.5 million term loan to CCI Wireless a wireless internet service provider in Western Canada
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of an aggregate $50 million term loan to Rokstad Holdings Corporation, one of the largest power line contractors in North America
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of an aggregate $27 million term loan to Triple Five Intercontinental Group, a Calgary-based company engaged in the exploration, development and production of petroleum and natural gas
- Counsel to international agribusiness group in connection with the merger of its Canadian operations with an Alberta-based agribusiness group to form synergized operations in Western Canada
- Counsel to publicly traded US company in connection with its commercial real-estate acquisitions across Western Canada
- Counsel to owner-operated concrete and aggregate business in connection with the sale of its assets to strategic purchaser
- Counsel to owner-operated industrial services business in connection with the sale of its assets to large publicly traded purchaser
- Counsel to privately owned oilfield services company in connection with its merger with a competitor operating in Western Canada
- Counsel to publicly traded private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in an owner-operated private business in the manufacturing sector
- Counsel to a Western Canadian-based private equity firm in connection with acquisitions of owner-operated businesses in the medical services sector
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its $25 million term loan to oil and gas exploration and development company Persta Resources Inc.
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of a $30 million term loan to Calgary-based oil and gas company Marquee Energy
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of a $15 million term loan to Solo Liquor Holdings Ltd., the largest privately held liquor retailer in Alberta
- Counsel to investment fund in connection with $15 million funding of senior secured first lien notes, offered by western Canadian-based company engaged in provision of services and logistical solutions to oil and natural gas industry
- Counsel to private company in connection with $12 million offering of subordinated convertible notes
- Assistant Commission Counsel to the Inspection and Inquiry into the R.M. of Sherwood No. 159 (2014), ordered under The Municipalities Act (Saskatchewan), a proceeding involving a proposed 15,000-person residential development
Prior to joining the firm as a summer student in 2012, Chris earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Maine in 2009, following which he spent two years playing professional hockey in Berlin, Germany. Chris articled with the firm in Regina in 2014 and relocated to the Calgary office in 2015.
Chris provides the firm’s clients with timely and practical advice on a host of corporate/commercial matters in various industries including, financial services, private equity, retail, industrial and technology.
Chris has considerable private M&A experience acting for both buyers and sellers, most often involving private equity clients in the mid-market space. Chris also has experience acting for both lenders (private and institutional) and borrowers on commercial lending transactions, and has acted as counsel on commercial real-estate transactions in numerous jurisdictions across Canada.
- College of Law Academic Scholarship (Saskatchewan, 2012-2013)
- MacPherson Leslie & Tyerman Scholarship in Law (Saskatchewan, 2011)
- Hockey East Distinguished Scholar award (2009)
- Hockey East Conference Top Scholar-Athlete (2007-2008)
- Full Athletic Scholarship (Maine, 2005-2009)
- Presenter, “Organizational Governance and Administrative Law,” Farm Products Council of Canada (2018)
- Presenter, “Directors & Officers Duties and Liability,” client seminar (2018)