Chris is a member of the firm’s corporate / commercial practice group. His practice has a specific focus on mergers & acquisitions, commercial lending, and corporate governance. Chris also has experience with commercial real-estate transactions and prospectus-exempt securities offerings. Chris advises clients across various industries and sectors, with a specific focus on private equity and mid-market operating companies, both private and public.
- Counsel to Federated Co-operatives Limited on its ~$264-million acquisition of 179 Husky-branded retail fuel sites from Cenovus Energy Inc., and the related on-sale of the majority of such retail fuel sites to its independent retail co-operatives
- Counsel to Federated Co-operatives Limited on the $72-million sale of oil and gas assets in Saskatchewan and Alberta to ROK Resources Inc.
- Counsel to Evora Equity Inc. in connection with its acquisition of a healthcare business with over 20 locations across British Columbia and Ontario
- Counsel to Crown Capital Partners Inc. in connection with the divestiture of its private credit management business, a portion of its investment in Crown Capital Partner Funding, LP and a majority stake in Crown Private Credit Partners Inc
- Counsel to Mosaic Capital Corporation and its minority operating partner in connection with the sale of Ambassador Mechanical LP
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of an aggregate $50 million term loan to Rokstad Holdings Corporation, one of the largest power line contractors in North America
- Counsel to international agribusiness group in connection with the merger of its Canadian operations with an Alberta-based agribusiness group to form synergized operations in Western Canada
- Counsel to publicly traded US company in connection with its commercial real-estate acquisitions across Western Canada
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its $25 million term loan to oil and gas exploration and development company Persta Resources Inc.
- Assistant Commission Counsel to the Inspection and Inquiry into the R.M. of Sherwood No. 159 (2014), ordered under The Municipalities Act (Saskatchewan), a proceeding involving a proposed 15,000-person residential development
Prior to joining the firm as a summer student in 2012, Chris earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Maine in 2009, following which he spent two years playing professional hockey in Berlin, Germany. Chris articled with the firm in Regina in 2014 and relocated to the Calgary office in 2015.
Chris provides the firm’s clients with timely and practical advice on a host of corporate/commercial matters in various industries including, financial services, private equity, retail, industrial and technology.
Chris has considerable private M&A experience acting for both buyers and sellers, most often involving private equity clients in the mid-market space. Chris also has experience acting for both lenders (private and institutional) and borrowers on commercial lending transactions, and has acted as counsel on commercial real-estate transactions in numerous jurisdictions across Canada.
- College of Law Academic Scholarship (Saskatchewan, 2012-2013)
- MacPherson Leslie & Tyerman Scholarship in Law (Saskatchewan, 2011)
- Hockey East Distinguished Scholar award (2009)
- Hockey East Conference Top Scholar-Athlete (2007-2008)
- Full Athletic Scholarship (Maine, 2005-2009)
- Presenter, “Organizational Governance and Administrative Law,” Farm Products Council of Canada (2018)
- Presenter, “Directors & Officers Duties and Liability,” client seminar (2018)