Chris’s practice involves advising clients on a host of commercial matters including mergers & acquisitions, commercial lending transactions, commercial real-estate transactions, prospectus-exempt securities offerings and various corporate governance issues.
- Counsel to Mosaic Capital Corporation and its minority operating partner in connection with the sale of Ambassador Mechanical LP
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of a $5.5 million term loan to CCI Wireless a wireless internet service provider in Western Canada
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of an aggregate $50 million term loan to Rokstad Holdings Corporation, one of the largest power line contractors in North America
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of an aggregate $27 million term loan to Triple Five Intercontinental Group, a Calgary-based company engaged in the exploration, development and production of petroleum and natural gas
- Counsel to international agribusiness group in connection with the merger of its Canadian operations with an Alberta-based agribusiness group to form synergized operations in Western Canada
- Counsel to publicly traded US company in connection with its commercial real-estate acquisitions across Western Canada
- Counsel to owner-operated concrete and aggregate business in connection with the sale of its assets to strategic purchaser
- Counsel to owner-operated industrial services business in connection with the sale of its assets to large publicly traded purchaser
- Counsel to privately owned oilfield services company in connection with its merger with a competitor operating in Western Canada
- Counsel to publicly traded private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in an owner-operated private business in the manufacturing sector
- Counsel to a Western Canadian-based private equity firm in connection with acquisitions of owner-operated businesses in the medical services sector
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its $25 million term loan to oil and gas exploration and development company Persta Resources Inc.
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of a $30 million term loan to Calgary-based oil and gas company Marquee Energy
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of a $15 million term loan to Solo Liquor Holdings Ltd., the largest privately held liquor retailer in Alberta
- Counsel to investment fund in connection with $15 million funding of senior secured first lien notes, offered by western Canadian-based company engaged in provision of services and logistical solutions to oil and natural gas industry
- Counsel to private company in connection with $12 million offering of subordinated convertible notes
- Assistant Commission Counsel to the Inspection and Inquiry into the R.M. of Sherwood No. 159 (2014), ordered under The Municipalities Act (Saskatchewan), a proceeding involving a proposed 15,000-person residential development
Chris has experience advising clients with respect to business acquisitions and dispositions, commercial lending transactions for both borrowers and lenders, as well as governance related matters including shareholder and partnership agreements.
Additionally, Chris has experience with commercial real estate transactions and advising private corporations in connection with prospectus-exempt securities offerings.
- College of Law Academic Scholarship (Saskatchewan, 2012-2013)
- MacPherson Leslie & Tyerman Scholarship in Law (Saskatchewan, 2011)
- Hockey East Distinguished Scholar award (2009)
- Hockey East Conference Top Scholar-Athlete (2007-2008)
- Full Athletic Scholarship (Maine, 2005-2009)
- Presenter, “Organizational Governance and Administrative Law,” Farm Products Council of Canada (2018)
- Presenter, “Directors & Officers Duties and Liability,” client seminar (2018)