Chris is a member of the corporate/commercial practice area in our Calgary office. Chris’s practice involves advising private companies and business owners on a host of commercial matters including commercial transactions, commercial lending and corporate governance matters. Chris also has experience with commercial real estate transactions and prospectus-exempt securities offerings.
Chris has experience advising clients with respect to business acquisitions and dispositions, commercial lending transactions for both borrowers and lenders, as well as governance related matters including shareholder and partnership agreements.
Additionally, Chris has experience with commercial real estate transactions and advising private corporations in connection with prospectus-exempt securities offerings.
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of a $15 million term loan to Triple Five Intercontinental Group, a Calgary-based company engaged in the exploration, development and production of petroleum and natural gas.
- Counsel to finance company Crown Capital Partners on its $25 million term loan to oil and gas exploration and development company Persta Resources Inc.
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of a $30 million term loan to Calgary-based oil and gas company Marquee Energy.
- Counsel to specialty finance company Crown Capital Partners on its provision of a $15 million term loan to Solo Liquor Holdings Ltd., the largest privately held liquor retailer in Alberta.
- Counsel to public investment company in connection with its acquisition of a majority stake in an owner-operated private business in the manufacturing sector with an enterprise valuation of $35 million.
- Counsel to a western Canadian-based private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of an owner-operated business in the medical services sector with an enterprise valuation of $6 million.
- Counsel to a mid-market specialty contracting company in connection with its acquisition of an owner-operated business with an enterprise valuation of $1 million.
- Counsel to investment fund in connection with $15 million funding of senior secured first lien notes, offered by western Canadian-based company engaged in provision of services and logistical solutions to oil and natural gas industry.
- Counsel to private company in connection with $12 million offering of subordinated convertible notes.
- Counsel to private company in connection with $4 million offering of subordinated notes.
- Assistant Commission Counsel to the Inspection and Inquiry into the R.M. of Sherwood No. 159 (2014), ordered under The Municipalities Act (Saskatchewan), a proceeding involving a proposed 15,000-person residential development.
- College of Law Academic Scholarship (Saskatchewan, 2012-2013)
- MacPherson Leslie & Tyerman Scholarship in Law (Saskatchewan, 2011)
- Hockey East Distinguished Scholar award (2009)
- Hockey East Conference Top Scholar-Athlete (2007-2008)
- Full Athletic Scholarship (Maine, 2005-2009)