Devin practises in the area of labour and employment law, primarily representing management of organizations involved in a variety of industries.
Devin provides strategic advice and assistance to employers on all matters relating to labour and employment law. This includes the negotiation and drafting of collective agreements, workplace policies and employment contracts, and assisting employers with workplace investigations, disciplinary matters and terminations, workplace safety and health matters and corporate restructurings.
Devin also advises and represents clients in a variety of employment-related litigation, including employment standards complaints, grievance arbitration, regulatory complaints, wrongful dismissal claims and other complaints against employers. Devin regularly represents clients before arbitration boards, human rights commissions and tribunals, labour boards, workers compensation tribunals and the Manitoba Courts.
In addition, Devin represents clients facing regulatory and criminal charges, and provides advice regarding compliance, investigations and prosecutions.
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Student Volunteer, University of Manitoba Legal Aid Clinic (2013-2014)
- Regular presenter at the CPHR Manitoba annual Legislative Review
- Presenter, “Access/Disclosing Information to CCTV Surveillance Cameras,” Manitoba Connections Conference (September 2019)
- “Surveillance Cameras in the Workplace: What Manitoba Employers Need to Know,” HRmatters, CPHR Manitoba (spring 2019)
- Court of Queen’s Bench Clerkship (2016)
- Gale Cup Moot Team (2016)
- Second Place Team, Robson Hall Negotiations Competition (2015)
- Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Law (2014)
- Pitblado Scholarship (2014)
- Taylor McCaffrey LLP Entrance Award (2013)
- University Gold Medal, Politics (2013)
- University of Winnipeg Dean’s List, Student of Highest Distinction (2010-1013)
- University of Winnipeg Entrance Scholarship (2010)