Devin practises in the areas of labour and employment, criminal law and regulatory offences, and immigration.
Devin primarily assists employers in the areas of labour and employment law, including the negotiation and drafting of workplace policies, collective agreements and employment contracts, termination and discipline of employees, human rights complaints and workplace safety and health matters. Additionally, Devin assists clients facing criminal or quasi-criminal charges and carries on an immigration practice limited to assisting individuals with temporary resident permits and rehabilitation applications related to foreign criminal records.
Devin has represented clients before the Provincial Court of Manitoba and the Court of Queen’s Bench of Manitoba, along with various administrative tribunals.
- Student Volunteer, University of Manitoba Legal Aid Clinic (2013-2014)
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Court of Queen’s Bench Clerkship (2016)
- Gale Cup Moot Team (2016)
- Second Place Team, Robson Hall Negotiations Competition (2015)
- Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Law (2014)
- Pitblado Scholarship (2014)
- Taylor McCaffrey LLP Entrance Award (2013)
- University Gold Medal, Politics (2013)
- University of Winnipeg Dean’s List, Student of Highest Distinction (2010-1013)
- University of Winnipeg Entrance Scholarship (2010)