Devin practises in the area of labour and employment law, primarily representing management of organizations involved in a variety of industries.
Devin provides advice and assistance on all matters relating to labour and employment law. This includes the negotiation and drafting of workplace policies, collective agreements and employment contracts. Devin also advises on employment standards complaints, regulatory compliance, termination and discipline of employees, defending wrongful dismissals and complaints against employers.
In addition, Devin represents clients facing regulatory and criminal charges, and provides advice regarding compliance, investigations and prosecutions. Devin also assists clients with humans rights and workplace safety and health matters.
Devin has represented clients before the Provincial Court of Manitoba and the Court of Queen’s Bench of Manitoba, along with various administrative tribunals.
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Student Volunteer, University of Manitoba Legal Aid Clinic (2013-2014)
- Presenter, “2020 Legislation Update,” 2020 HR Legislative Review, CPHR Manitoba (September 2020)
- Presenter, “Access/Disclosing Information to CCTV Surveillance Cameras,” Manitoba Connections Conference (September 2019)
- “Surveillance Cameras in the Workplace: What Manitoba Employers Need to Know,” HRmatters, CPHR Manitoba (spring 2019)
- Presenter, “2019 Legislation Update,” 2019 HR Legislative Review, CPHR Manitoba (May 2019)
- Court of Queen’s Bench Clerkship (2016)
- Gale Cup Moot Team (2016)
- Second Place Team, Robson Hall Negotiations Competition (2015)
- Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Law (2014)
- Pitblado Scholarship (2014)
- Taylor McCaffrey LLP Entrance Award (2013)
- University Gold Medal, Politics (2013)
- University of Winnipeg Dean’s List, Student of Highest Distinction (2010-1013)
- University of Winnipeg Entrance Scholarship (2010)