Douglas is a partner practising largely in the areas of securities, corporate finance and general corporate commercial law.
- Public offerings of equity and debt securities as counsel to issuers and agents/underwriters
- Private placements (brokered and non-brokered) of equity and debt securities
- Advising public companies on strategic transactions
- TSX Venture Exchange Capital Pool Company (CPC) IPO’s and Qualifying Transactions
- Toronto Stock Exchange and TSX Venture Exchange Listings
- Formation, structuring and public offering of companies, trusts and limited partnerships
- Takeover bids, issuer bids and going private transactions
- Counsel to The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company in connection with its $875 million acquisition of Western Financial Group
Douglas’s practice is focused on public and private offerings, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, share and asset purchases, continuous disclosure obligations, stock exchange listings and other transactions. He also assists counsel in other jurisdictions on matters of Manitoba law, particularly as it relates to offerings of securities.
- The Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association – Former Vice-Chair of the Securities Law Section of the MBA
- Canadian Bar Association