Jayelle Friesen is an articling student in the firm’s Winnipeg office.
Jayelle obtained a Juris Doctor from the University of Manitoba in 2022 and returns to MLT Aikins as an articling student after summering with the firm in 2021.
During law school Jayelle was a senior student editor for the Manitoba Law Journal’s special annual issue, “Underneath the Golden Boy,” which is devoted specifically to legislation and public policy. Jayelle also has experience in legal research and oral advocacy.
In the summer of 2020 Jayelle worked as a summer intern focusing on researching Charter issues with Christian Legal Fellowship.
- Governance Co-ordinator, Manitoba Law Students Association (2021-2022)
- Teacher and Program Co-ordinator, CANU Law (2019-2022)
- Member and Executive, Christian Legal Fellowship, Robson Hall Chapter (2019-2022)
- Shelley M Weiss Memorial Scholarship, Robson Hall (2020)
- President’s Academic Scholarship, Providence Theological Seminary (2017)
- Delta Epsilon Chi Award, Steinbach Bible College (2014)