Jeremie practises corporate/commercial law, primarily in the areas of construction and procurement law.
- Assisted a public utility with the development of a suite of standardized construction contracts
- Assisted a public sector entity with procurement and contract development for multi-million dollar construction management services
- Assisted a Crown corporation with targeted advice related to trade agreement compliance issues
- Assisted a large scale private sector organization with developing contracts and negotiation strategies for general and project-specific matters
- Assisted a Crown corporation with developing contracts and negotiation strategies for construction and professional services for general and project-specific matters
- Assisted a local municipality with the development of a contract for the construction of a swimming facility
- Assisted a First Nation entity with the procurement of construction services for the renovation of an educational facility
Jeremie’s practice focuses on planning, drafting and negotiating contracts for construction projects, and advising on matters related to the procurement of goods and services, including engineered goods and professional services. Jeremie regularly assists municipalities, private sector entities and Crown organizations with procurement and contract negotiation strategies for typical and distinctive construction projects. Jeremie also advises clients in relation to public sector procurement issues. This extends to developing purchasing documents including requests for proposals, requests for quotations and tenders, and advising on trade agreement compliance. Jeremie clerked with the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal.
- Director (non-voting), Regina Construction Association (2019)
- Presenter, “Legal Risks and Strategies for your Goetechnical Project,” Regina Geotechnical Group (February 2021)
- Presenter, “Understanding Your Legal Risks and Obligations as an Engineer,” Regina Engineering Society (January 2020)
- F.C. Cronkite Prize in Jurisprudence (2016)
- Class of ’60 Cronkite Prize in Torts (2014)
- M.J. Coldwell Prize in Canadian Affairs (2013)
- Dean’s Honour List, College of Arts and Science (2012-2013)