Jess is an associate lawyer based out of the firm's Edmonton office. She maintains a broad trusts and estates and taxation practice.
Jess Reid maintains a general solicitors practice with an emphasis on taxation. She has experience advising on corporate law, commercial lending, residential and commercial real estate, and insolvency matters. Before joining MLT Aikins as an associate in 2020, Jess summered and articled with the firm.
Jess obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta in 2019. During her time at the Faculty of Law, Jess volunteered with Student Legal Services, Pro Bono Students of Canada, and Edmonton Community Legal Centre.
Prior to attending law school, Jess obtained her Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting at MacEwan University.
Jess remains actively involved in the Edmonton legal community, serving as a volunteer with the Provincial Court of Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program and the Edmonton Community Legal Centre.
- Criminal Law Project, Student Legal Services (2016-2017)
- Tax Project, Pro Bono Students of Canada (2017-2018)
- Trial Division, Student Legal Services (2018-2019)
- ECLC Family Law Clinic (2017, 2019)
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel (2019)
- Hajduk Gibbs LLP Aboriginal Award, 2018
- Jason Lang Scholarship, 2018
- F.R. (Dick) Matthews Q.C. Excellence Scholarship in Law, 2016
- Undergraduate Dean’s List (2015, 2016)