Jess Reid carries on a commercial bankruptcy and insolvency practice. Her practice also includes commercial lending transactions and personal property security law.
Jess obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Alberta in 2019. During her time at the Faculty of Law, Jess volunteered with Student Legal Services, Pro Bono Students of Canada, and Edmonton Community Legal Centre.
Prior to attending law school, Jess obtained her Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting at MacEwan University.
Jess remains actively involved in the Edmonton legal community, serving as a volunteer with the Provincial Court of Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program and the Edmonton Community Legal Centre.
- ECLC Civil Law Clinic Volunteer (2020 – 2022)
- Criminal Law Project, Student Legal Services (2016-2017)
- Tax Project, Pro Bono Students of Canada (2017-2018)
- Trial Division, Student Legal Services (2018-2019)
- ECLC Family Law Clinic (2017, 2019)
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel (2019)
- Hajduk Gibbs LLP Aboriginal Award, 2018
- Jason Lang Scholarship, 2018
- F.R. (Dick) Matthews Q.C. Excellence Scholarship in Law, 2016
- Undergraduate Dean’s List (2015, 2016)