Jonathan O'Connor practises predominantly in the areas of corporate finance, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and securities law, with a particular focus on international public and private natural resource issuers and issuers in the technology space.
- Acted on two of the largest rights offering transactions in Canadian history, with aggregate proceeds of approximately US$3 billion.
- Multiple equity offerings for a Canadian public mining company listed on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges.
- Strategic alliance agreement between a junior uranium exploration company and an international uranium conglomerate.
- Represented a startup mobile gaming company and its founders in its sale to a multi-national European conglomerate.
- Represented a tech-based venture fund in connection with the sale of its interest in a large Vancouver based security firm to a U.S. conglomerate.
- Takeover of a British Columbia based mining company by a U.S.-based mining company by way of court approved arrangement.
- Long-term investment agreement between a Canadian mining company and an international mining conglomerate.
- Secondary listing of a Canadian mining company on the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong and a related equity financing.
- Directly advising the borrower regarding secured loan facilities totalling in aggregate of more than US$300 million.
Jonathan has recently been involved in several high-profile commercial acquisition, financing and public offering transactions of several Canadian and international clients.
- Board of Directors, Mining for Miracles (2016)
- Board of Directors, Shaughnessy Golf and Country Club (since 2012)
- Board of Directors, Contemporary Art Gallery of Vancouver (since 2014)
- Selected as one of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Corporate Law, Corporate Governance Practice, Mergers & Acquisitions, Natural Resources Law (since 2015)