Jordan Hardy’s practice focuses on commercial disputes, estates and trusts litigation, agribusiness disputes and construction litigation.
- D.W. v. Attorney General of Canada and William Starr, 1999 SKQB 187, the successful prosecution of the first Residential School Abuse Trial in Canada.
- Insurance Company of Pennsylvania et al. v. Global Aerospace, 2010 SKCA 96. An action to determine whether claims for indemnities by co-insurers on a paid out claim were barred by statute or a claim of estoppel.
- Plaintiff’s counsel on a trial that saw the largest settlement ever awarded by a jury in Saskatchewan, and one of the largest in Canadian judicial history.
- Successfully represented the defendants in a complex estate and trust action complicated by commercial matters including oppression claims in Alberta, resulting in all claims being dismissed after a six-week trial.
- Ongoing representation of several individuals and corporations in will challenges and estate disputes.
- Assistant Commission Counsel, Inquiry into the Wrongful Conviction of David Milgaard (2004-2007), a public inquiry spanning 192 days of hearings with more than 125 witnesses and 100,000 documents.
Jordan has a broad experience before all levels of Saskatchewan courts and has appeared in many reported decisions. His clients include corporations (large and small), insurers, charitable foundations, trust companies, executors and administrators, and individuals.
He has extensive experience defending estates against various forms of legal challenge. Jordan also represents beneficiaries and families in estate and will challenges.
- Director, Canadian Mental Health Association, Regina Branch
- Chair, Canadian Bar Association Mid-Winter Meeting (2014)
- Director, YMCA Regina (2009-2012)
- President, Regina Bar Association (2003-2004)
- Recognized in Lexpert Special Edition on Agribusiness and Cannabis (2020)
- A leading practitioner, Estate and Personal Tax Planning (Estate Litigation), Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel (2017)
- Recognized in Best Lawyers, Trusts and Estates (since 2013)
- MacPherson Leslie & Tyerman Entrance Scholarship (1992)
- Hantelman Human Rights Scholarship (1991)