Kristyn’s practice includes commercial and corporate litigation, and she has represented clients in proceedings before all levels of Court in British Columbia and in mediation. Kristyn brings sound judgment and strategy to resolving disputes.
- Acted for a plaintiff in negotiating a resolution with the insurer involving claims of negligence and injuries suffered in a plane crash
- Acted for a defendant promotional company, its director and employee in successfully having dismissed at trial claims of constructive dismissal, conspiracy, inducing breach of contract and intentional inference of economic relations
- Acted for a plaintiff design company in a small claims trial and the related collections matter to resolve a commercial dispute arising from unpaid invoices
- Acted for the plaintiff owners of a strata in obtaining missing financial documents from a property management company
- Acted for a defendant landlord in a dispute with the strata regarding fines imposed on the landlord with respect to alleged Airbnb activities in the leased property
- Acted for a plaintiff company in a business dispute concerning an alleged default on a loan and breach of a loan agreement
- Acted for a public mining company in prosecuting claims of misrepresentation, trespass and breach of contract arising from an acquisition agreement
- Acted for an individual client in defending an action brought by a company involving allegations of fraud, negligent misrepresentation and breach of contract arising from a loan agreement and residential property sale
- Acted for a plaintiff realtor and brokerage in resolving a dispute over unpaid commissions
- Acted for individual defendants in defamation actions brought against them by individuals and companies
- Acted for plaintiff shareholders in arbitration proceedings involving alleged breaches of a shareholder agreement and oppressive conduct
- Acted for a plaintiff property development company in its appeals concerning breach of contract within the context of a Vancouver commercial real estate transaction
- Acted for high net worth individuals and companies in family law proceedings involving the valuation and division of complex asset structures
- Acted for the plaintiff administrator of an estate in resolving a complex dispute with a national bank over allegedly missing assets
- Acted for plaintiff buyers in resolving a complex residential property dispute with the builder and multiple lenders
- Acted for plaintiff individuals in a dispute with a corporate entity and individual concerning allegations of breach of contract, conversion, civil fraud, breach of confidence, passing off, inducing breach of contract and unjust enrichment
- Acted for a plaintiff individual and administrator of an estate in resolving a dispute arising from the other party’s alleged failure to repay a loan and breach of promissory note
- Acted for plaintiff buyers to resolve a dispute with a high-profile developer arising from the purchase and sale of a well-known residential building in downtown Vancouver
- Acted for an individual defendant in a multi-party dispute over the ownership of a residential vacation property
- Acted for a cryptocurrency mining company in recovering key assets and resolving a business dispute concerning alleged breaches of a commercial lease agreement and intentional interference with business relations
- Acted for a plaintiff administrator in a multi-party estate dispute concerning alleged breaches of contract relating to the sale of residential properties
- Acted for a plaintiff flooring company in a construction action against the general contractor involving claims of breach of contract and negligence
- Acted for a plaintiff individual in a dispute with a company and third party concerning alleged fraud perpetrated by the third party and subsequent bankruptcy proceedings
- Acted for individual sellers in resolving a multi-party dispute involving breaches of several contracts in a residential real estate transaction
Kristyn’s practice includes commercial and corporate litigation involving breach of contract, negligence, misrepresentation, fraud, defamation, securities, real estate, estate and family law and related collections matters. Kristyn has represented clients in proceedings before all levels of Court in British Columbia and in mediation.
Kristyn advises public and private companies, directors, shareholders, strata owners, landlords, employees and employers, realtors, real estate developers, administrators of estates and construction contractors across a variety of industries.
Kristyn’s clients benefit from her prior experience working for large private and public companies including WestJet and Coca-Cola.
During law school, Kristyn represented Windsor Law in the Davies’ Corporate Securities Law Moot.
Kristyn is a volunteer lawyer with Access Pro Bono.
- Volunteer Lawyer, Access Pro Bono (2020-present)
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia (2019-present)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch (2019-present)
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association (2019-present)
- Volunteer, Legal Services Society (2016-2017)
- Certified Facilitator, Bringing in the Bystander intervention program (2014-2016)
- Assistant Coach, Special Olympics, floor hockey (2011-2014)
- Dean’s List (University of Calgary Faculty of Social Sciences, 2008)
- Jason Lang Scholarship (Alberta, 2007 & 2008)