Lynsey is a member of our leading labour and employment practice. Her practical approach provides straightforward solutions for clients.
Lynsey is a lawyer in the labour and employment group at MLT Aikins, representing public and private sector employers. She regularly advises employers on collective agreement interpretation and bargaining, drafting workplace policies, discipline and discharge, and navigating workplace accommodations and human rights issues. Lynsey also practises in the area of professional regulation and administrative law.
Lynsey also has broad experience with wills, trusts and estates, including working on contentious matters such as acting for executors/administrators/trustees and beneficiaries in simple and complex claims against estates. She prepares and advises on guardianship applications, wills, powers of attorney and health-care directives, and advises on the administration of estates.
- Director, Yaletown Roundhouse Community Centre (2017-present)
- Director, Saskatchewan Abilities Council (2014-2016)
- Student Mentor, Mother Teresa Middle School
- Secretary, Real Property & Wills South, Canadian Bar Association (2013-2016)
- Volunteer, University of Saskatchewan Campus Legal Services (2008-2009)
- Co-presenter with Lindsay Waddell of Moore Edgar Lyster LLP, “10 Ways Legalized Pot Will Shake Up Your Workplace,” “How to Say No to a Sexualized Workplace,” “New Cases That Change the State of Drug Testing” and “Investigation Horror Stories,” 24th Annual British Columbia Labour Law Review (Vancouver, December 4, 2018)
- Presenter, “In the Legal Weeds,” MLT Aikins Alberta Employment Law Update seminar (Calgary, October 17, 2018)
- Presenter, Accommodation Law Conference for the Centre for Labour – Management Development (Vancouver, 2018)
- Co-presenter, “Medical and Recreational Marijuana in the Workplace,” MLT Aikins Workshop (March 2018)
- Presenter, “Medical and Recreational Marijuana in the Workplace,” Fort St. John & District Chamber of Commerce (September 2017)
- Presenter, “Open Forum,” MLT Aikins LLP Labour Update (May 2017)
- Presenter, “Privacy Primer for Employers,” MLT Aikins LLP (January 2017)
- Presenter, “Estate Litigation Update,” Willing Wisdom Seminar, PFM Capital Inc. (May 2016)
- Presenter, “The Duty to Accommodate,” MLT’s HR Professionals Seminar (September 2016)
- Presenter, “Labour Relations Board Update,” MLT’s Labour Update (May 2016)
- Presenter, “Accommodation and Human Rights Law Update,” MLT’s Aboriginal Employment Law Update (September 2016)
- Presenter, “Estate Planning and Litigation Trends,” Canadian Bar Association Mid-Winter Meeting (2014)
- Presenter, “Interplay Between Family Law and Wills, Estates and Trusts,” Wills, Estates and Trusts: End of Life Decision Making, Law Society of Saskatchewan Continuing Professional Development (October 2014)