Lynsey is a member of our leading labour and employment practice, and her practical approach provides straightforward solutions for clients.
Lynsey’s practice focuses primarily on labour and employment matters.
Lynsey’s labour and employment practice includes advising employers on collective agreement interpretation, collective bargaining, workplace policies, discipline and discharge, and employment contracts. She also has experience with labour and employment arbitrations, trials and appeals. Additionally, she practises in the area of professional regulation and administrative law.
Lynsey also has broad experience with wills, trusts and estates which includes working on contentious matters, such as acting for executors/administrators/trustees and beneficiaries in simple and complex claims against estates. She prepares and advises on guardianship applications, wills, powers of attorney and health-care directives and advising on the administration of estates. She has represented clients at the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench, the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal and the British Columbia Supreme Court.
- Director, Yaletown Roundhouse Community Centre (2017-present)
- Director, Saskatchewan Abilities Council (2014-2016)
- Student Mentor, Mother Teresa Middle School
- Secretary, Real Property & Wills South, Canadian Bar Association (2013-2016)
- Volunteer, University of Saskatchewan Campus Legal Services (2008-2009)
- Presenter, “Medical and Recreational Marijuana in the Workplace,” Fort St. John & District Chamber of Commerce (September 2017)
- Presenter, “Open Forum,” MLT Aikins LLP Labour Update (May 2017)
- Presenter, “Privacy Primer for Employers,” MLT Aikins LLP (January 2017)
- Presenter, “Estate Litigation Update,” Willing Wisdom Seminar, PFM Capital Inc. (May 2016)
- Presenter, “The Duty to Accommodate,” MLT’s HR Professionals Seminar (September 2016)
- Presenter, “Labour Relations Board Update,” MLT’s Labour Update (May 2016)
- Presenter, “Accommodation and Human Rights Law Update,” MLT’s Aboriginal Employment Law Update (September 2016)
- “Estate Planning and Litigation Trends,” Canadian Bar Association Mid-Winter Meeting (2014)
- “Interplay Between Family Law and Wills, Estates and Trusts,” Wills, Estates and Trusts: End of Life Decision Making, Law Society of Saskatchewan Continuing Professional Development (October 2014)