Or represents individual and corporate clients in a wide range of civil and commercial litigation matters. He has assisted with disputes before the British Columbia Court of Appeal and has appeared before the British Columbia Supreme Court and Federal Court of Canada.
- Acted as trial counsel in a complex estate and trust litigation dispute
- Acted for a publicly-listed Oregon-based cannabis company in disputes related to breaches of contract
- Acted for insurer and individual plaintiff in maritime claim involving negligence
- Acted for beneficiaries and executors in estate and trust litigation, including challenges to the validity of wills, equitable trust claims, actions to vary wills, alleged breaches of trustees’ duties, alleged improper use of powers of attorney and applications to rectify testamentary documents
- Acted for creditors in bankruptcy proceedings
- Acted for lenders and creditors in foreclosure proceedings
- Acted for construction general contractors and sub-trades in claims including breach of contract and disputes under the Builders Lien Act
- Acted for shareholders and directors of corporations in disputes concerning oppression claims and failed share purchase agreements
Or’s practice includes commercial litigation, debt recovery and estate and trust disputes. Or has appeared before the British Columbia Provincial Court, the British Columbia Supreme Court and the Federal Court of Canada and has assisted with matters before the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Or has acted for a variety of clients including publicly listed securities issuers, financial institutions, trustees, directors and shareholders of corporations and construction contractors, among others.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Wills Clinic, Access Pro Bono (2019-2020)
- Summary Advice Program, Access Pro Bono (2019)
- President’s Entrance Scholarship, University of British Columbia (2009)