Robert practises in the areas of taxation, corporate/commercial law and wills and estates.
- Acted on behalf of True North Sports+Entertainment to negotiate and conclude the acquisition and relocation of the NHL “Atlanta Thrashers” to Winnipeg.
- Served as legal advisor to Ceridian Canada in relation to the formation of the partnership with Dayforce HCM.
- Aikins, Macaulay, Thorvaldson LLP: Associate (1997-2004), Partner (2004-2016)
- Thompson, Dorfman, Sweatman: Associate (1995-1997), Articled (1994-1995)
- The Law Society of Manitoba
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Instructor, Corporate Tax Course, The University of Manitoba Law School.
- Instructor, Tax Section of the Bar Admission Course, The Law Society of Manitoba.
- Authored, co-authored and assisted with a variety of articles on taxation for The Canadian Tax Foundation, The Law Society of Manitoba and the Federated Press.