Ryan maintains a general corporate commercial practice, with a focus on mergers & acquisitions, commercial lending transactions and corporate governance matters. Ryan also has experience advising on matters involving ownership structures and corporate reorganizations.
Ryan is a corporate/commercial lawyer advising clients on mergers & acquisitions, commercial lending transactions and on corporate governance matters. He acts as counsel to numerous vendors and purchasers in share and asset transactions across a broad range of industries. He regularly advises small-medium sized businesses in respect of corporate reorganizations and business restructuring matters. Ryan has extensive experience acting as counsel to borrowers and lenders in commercial lending transactions.
- Counsel to privately owned agriculture equipment dealership in connection with a sale of all its assets (2020)
- Counsel to Saskatchewan based investment fund which provided loans to, and made venture capital investments in, medium-sized businesses located in Saskatchewan (2019-2020)
- Associate M&A counsel to Dot® Technology Corporation, a leader in autonomous agricultural solutions, and its shareholder in connection with the sale of a majority ownership of the Corporation (2019)
- Counsel to privately owned company in connection with acquisition of majority ownership in Ontario-based water treatment supply manufacturer (2019)
- Counsel to privately owned swine-breeding company in connection with the sale of certain Saskatchewan-based assets (2019)
- Counsel to South West Terminal Ltd. in connection with purchase of crop inputs retail business (2019)
- Associate Counsel to Gardiner Dam Terminal Ltd. in connection with a sale of all its assets for a purchase price of $29.6 million (2018)
- Chair, Canadian Bar Association Tax Law, South Section (2018-2019)
- Volunteer, CLASSIC (2015)
- University of Saskatchewan Huskies Second Team All-Academic (2014-2015)
- Edwards School of Business Undergraduate Scholarships (2012-2013)
- CIS Academic All-Canadian (2011-2013)
- University of Saskatchewan Huskies First Team All-Academic (2011-2013)
- Dean’s Honour Roll, Edwards School of Business (2011-2013)