Scott Bell practises immigration law with a focus on business and employment-based applications. His clients include private corporations and individuals.
Scott has advised various employers and individuals with regard to federal immigration applications, including work permits, Labour Market Impact Assessments, Free Trade Agreement exemptions and permanent residency. He also has experience with applications made through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) and other Provincial Nomination Programs. A primary focus of his practice is in relation to advising employers on the management of temporary foreign workers and immigration legislation compliance. In addition to employment-based immigration, Scott provides services relating to family-based immigration applications, including spousal sponsorship and inter-country adoption.
- Chair, Canadian Bar Association Saskatchewan Immigration Law North (2014)
- Vice-chair, Canadian Bar Association Saskatchewan Immigration Law North (2013-2014)
- Canadian Petroleum Law Foundation Prize in Oil & Gas (2010)
- Derek Burton Memorial Award (2010)
- Professional Responsibility Award (2009)
- Maritime Book Award (2009)