Scott Masson maintains a broad corporate practice, with experience assisting clients with construction, procurement and real estate matters.
- Merger of Rubicon Pharmacies Canada and Amenity Holdings Inc.
- Assisted a major potash producer with the development and construction of a new greenfield project.
- Assisted a public utility with construction and procurement matters on of various power generation and transmission projects.
- Assisted a major uranium producer with the development and drafting of an EPCM and construction contract for the expansion of a uranium mill.
- Assisted a major potash producer with the development and drafting of an EPC Contract for the construction of a new mine shaft.
Scott frequently assists clients in a variety of industries with the development, drafting and negotiation of contracts for construction projects and the procurement of goods and services (including professional services). He also helps a variety of public sector and private clients with developing purchasing documents including, requests for proposals, requests for quotations, tenders, resulting contract documentation and other procurement documents.
Additionally, he has acted for borrowers and lenders on wide range of financing transactions. He has also acted for buyers and sellers on numerous share and asset sale transactions.
- Director, Schizophrenia Society of Saskatchewan Inc. (2011-2015)
- Volunteer, Campus Legal Services (2007-2008)
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Students (2008-2009)
- Editor, Saskatchewan Law Review (2008-2009)
- “Typical Provisions in Real Estate Opinions,” with Samer Awadh, Law Society of Saskatchewan Continuing Professional Development seminar on Due Diligence and Legal Opinions (March 2016)
- Law Society of Saskatchewan Bronze Medal (2010)
- Cecil G. Schmitt Prize in Company Law (2009)
- Harris & Lauretta & Raymond Earl Parr Memorial Scholarship (2008, 2009)
- Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch, Memorial Prize (2009)
- Cronkite Prize in Torts (2008)