Scott Masson maintains a broad corporate practice, with a focus on project planning and development, infrastructure, construction procurement and real estate matters.
- Counsel to a REIT on the construction of a new $88 million condominium project.
- Associate counsel to a First Nation on the construction of a courthouse and multi-purpose facility.
- Counsel to a major resource company relating to the construction of a new greenfield project, including subsurface and surface facilities.
- Assisted a major potash producer with the development and construction of a new greenfield project.
- Counsel of a public utility on construction of various power generation and transmission projects.
- Counsel to numerous public and private organizations in the development of standardized procurement documents and contracts.
- Merger of Rubicon Pharmacies Canada and Amenity Holdings Inc.
- Assisted a public utility with construction and procurement matters on of various power generation and transmission projects.
- Assisted a major uranium producer with the development and drafting of an EPCM and construction contract for the expansion of a uranium mill.
- Assisted a major potash producer with the development and drafting of an EPC Contract for the construction of a new mine shaft.
Scott frequently assists clients in a variety of industries with the development, drafting and negotiation of contracts for construction projects and the procurement of goods and services (including professional services). He also helps a variety of public sector and private clients with developing purchasing documents including, requests for proposals, requests for quotations, tenders, resulting contract documentation and other procurement documents.
Additionally, he has acted for borrowers and lenders on wide range of financing transactions. He has also acted for buyers and sellers on numerous share and asset sale transactions.
- Director (non-voting), Regina Construction Association (2015-2019)
- Director, Schizophrenia Society of Saskatchewan Inc. (2011-2015)
- Volunteer, Campus Legal Services (2007-2008)
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Students (2008-2009)
- Editor, Saskatchewan Law Review (2008-2009)
- “Introduction to Prompt Payment Legislation”, MLT Aikins Prompt Payment Seminar
- “Buying Construction Management Services”, MLT Aikins Procurement Seminar
- “Update on Prime Contractor Law and Best Practices”, MLT Aikins OH&S Seminar
- “Administering Contracts using CCDC 2 – 2008: Tips and Traps”, Regina Construction Association
- “Introduction to the Law of Competitive Bidding”, Regina Construction Association
- “Typical Provisions in Real Estate Opinions,” with Samer Awadh, Law Society of Saskatchewan Continuing Professional Development seminar on Due Diligence and Legal Opinions (March 2016)
- Law Society of Saskatchewan Bronze Medal (2010)
- Cecil G. Schmitt Prize in Company Law (2009)
- Harris & Lauretta & Raymond Earl Parr Memorial Scholarship (2008, 2009)
- Canadian Bar Association, Saskatchewan Branch, Memorial Prize (2009)
- Cronkite Prize in Torts (2008)