Aaron assists clients with matters related to taxation, corporate commercial transactions and estate planning. His active involvement in the agriculture industry allows him to provide unique perspectives in navigating the issues that arise with buying, growing or selling a business or transitioning it to the next generation.
Aaron advises individuals, businesses and not-for-profit organizations on legal and practical matters related to corporate organization, corporate governance and taxation. As a small business owner, Aaron understands the struggles and triumphs that come with growing a business in an ever-changing economic climate. Aaron frequently assists clients on matters relating to income tax, goods and services tax, provincial sales tax, share and asset purchases, shareholder agreements and estate planning.
Aaron attended law school at the University of Toronto where he was awarded the Angus MacMurchy Gold Medal for achieving the highest cumulative average in his graduating class. Prior to joining the firm, Aaron clerked for the Honourable Madam Justice Andromache Karakatsanis at the Supreme Court of Canada. Aaron also completed a Bachelor of Commerce at the University of Saskatchewan, majoring in finance. While pursuing his undergraduate studies, Aaron served as a team captain for the Saskatoon Hilltops, winning national championships in 2010 and 2011.
Aaron’s hands-on experience extends to the natural resource and agriculture industries. He worked as a sales representative for a local supplier of underground mining equipment and co-manages his family’s expanding grain farming operation.
- Board Member, The Bridge on 20th Fellowship Centre
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation (2019-present)
- Angus MacMurchy Gold Medal, Highest cumulative average, University of Toronto (2018)
- Gallant Ho Prize (2018)
- Lily Rubenstein Prize (2018)
- Langford Rowell Prize (2016)
- Aird & Berlis Prize (2016)
- Laskin Prize in Constitutional Law (2016)
- Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP Award (2016)
- McCarthy, Tétrault Prize (2016)
- Joseph H. Thompson Scholarship (2011)
- McConaghy Award (2010, 2011)