Billie advises First Nations and Métis communities on matters related to economic development, commercial leasing, industry partnerships and community governance.
Billie represents First Nations and Métis communities in negotiations with resource companies to establish joint ventures and other business relationships.
She has advised the leadership of several First Nations on a variety of matters, including corporate structuring of Nation-owned businesses, financial administration and governance. She also advises clients across a number of industries on general commercial matters and in connection with M&A and corporate reorganizations.
Billie has appeared before the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta and the Provincial Court of Alberta, and has experience with regulatory proceedings before the Alberta Utilities Commission.
- Counsel to various Alberta First Nations and Métis Settlements in connection with consultation on transmission line, coal mine and SAGD projects.
- Volunteer, Dare to Dream (2015-present)
- Aboriginal Education Project Lead, ProBono Law Alberta (2010-2013)
- Board Director, United Nations Association in Canada (2010)
- Volunteer, Samaritan’s Purse (2009-2011)
- Special Events Volunteer, World Vision Canada (2008-2010)
- Member, Actra (1997-present)
- “Aboriginal Peoples, Industry and the Environment: The Alignment of Environmental Interests,” 2016 CAELS Conference (March 11, 2016)
- Contributor, “Energy Superpower in Waiting: New Pipeline Development in Canada, Social Licence and Recent Federal Energy Reforms,” Alberta Law Review, Energy Law Edition, Vol. 53, no. 2 (December 2015)
- ConocoPhillips Aboriginal Award
- Foundation for the Advancement of Aboriginal Youth (FAAY) Scholarship
- Indspire Post-Secondary Education Scholarship