Colin is a corporate and commercial lawyer who focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate and owner-operated enterprises.
Colin has a wide range of experience advising clients on the purchase and sale of businesses and commercial real estate as well as the secured financing of those transactions, on both the borrower and lender side. He regularly advises clients on various real estate matters, such as commercial leasing, co-ownership agreements and subdivisions. Colin also has extensive experience with corporate issues such as shareholder disputes, negotiating and drafting shareholder agreements and raising capital.
Colin’s experience spans across many industries including manufacturing, healthcare, insurance, agriculture and mining.
Outside the office, Colin is an active contributor to the local community, sitting on numerous boards and having personally raised over $250,000 for multiple sclerosis research and support programs.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Manitoba
- Director, Canadian Mental Health Association (Manitoba and Winnipeg; 2018 – present)
- Director, Exchange District BIZ (2020 – present)
- Planning Committee Member, Rady JCC Sports Dinner (2017 – 2019)
- Director, Sky Condominium (2018 – present)
- MS Walk Ambassador (2013 and 2018)