Daryl practises in the area of civil and commercial litigation with an emphasis on construction law.
Daryl has a civil, commercial and construction litigation practice. His construction litigation experience includes builders’ lien legislation, construction projects, and has acted for owners, general contractors and sub-contractors.
Daryl has appeared before various tribunals and all levels of Court including the Manitoba Court of Queen’s Bench, Manitoba Court of Appeal, Ontario Supreme Court of Justice, Saskatchewan Court of Queens Bench and the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Brooks Equipment Ltd. v Wagner (2014 MBQB 191)
- McDiarmid Lumber Ltd. v God’s Lake First Nation (2006 SCC 58)
- Man-Shield Construction Inc. v 1876030 Ontario Inc. (2018 ONSC 5231)
- Member, The Law Society of Manitoba
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Construction Specifications Canada
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- “The Role of Supplemental Conditions in Construction Contracts,” Build Manitoba (October 2020)
- “Ontario Construction Lien Act Review Recommendations Released,” (September 2016)
- “Failure to Disclose Available Ground Condition Reports A Costly Error,” Upword (September 2013)
- “Removal of Materials From Construction Sites,” Upword (November 2011)
- “Owner Obligations to Provide Contract Information to Others Building Connections” (April 2011)
- Guest Speaker, “Principles of Construction Documentation,” Construction Specifications Canada (November 2010)
- “General Contractor Financial Difficulties and the Subcontractor,” Business Connections (July, 2010)
- Presenter, “Collection Law: The Good, The Bad, The Profitable,” Lorman Seminars (January 2007)
- A leading practitioner, Construction, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory