Desiree is an associate in the firm's Winnipeg office practising in the areas of taxation, corporate/commercial law and wills, trusts and estates.
Desiree Katz practises primarily in the area of taxation including corporate and personal tax planning, corporate reorganization and tax efficient business structuring. She has experience in corporate and commercial law which extends to corporate restructuring, contracts and preparing unanimous shareholder agreements. Her practice includes estate planning transactions and preparation of succession planning instruments including wills and trusts. Desiree regularly advises clients at all stages of the business cycle from a broad range of industries including retail, cannabis, dental practitioners and corporations.
- Member, Executive of the Young Lawyers’ Section of the Manitoba Bar Association (2018-present)
- Fundraising Chair, Funds for Pets (2016-present)
- Teaching Assistant, The Royal Winnipeg Ballet (2009-2011)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Advised dental/medical professionals with respect to their corporate structuring and acquisition/sales
- Advised cannabis retailer on matters related to regulatory advertising procedures
- Assisted with corporate restructuring of agriculture and powersport equipment retailer
- Tradition Law LLP Wealth and Succession Prize – for highest standing in Trusts, Wills and Succession, and Taxation of Trusts and Estates (2017)
- Osgoode Society Legal History Book Prize – for highest standing in Canadian Legal History (2016)
- Selected to Participate in Davies’ Corporate Securities Moot (2016)
- Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Law – Pitblado Scholarship (2015)
- Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Management (2012, 2013)
- Dean’s Honour List, Faculty of Arts (2011)