Erin Bokshowan assists clients with tax and estate planning issues and general corporate commercial matters. She also has experience dealing with asset and share purchases, corporate governance issues and unanimous shareholder agreements.
Erin provides advice to clients on income tax, provincial sales tax, and goods and services tax issues. She assists clients at all stages of the business cycle, from incorporation to winding-up, ensuring all transactions are undertaken in a tax-efficient manner. She has extensive experience with asset and share purchase transactions, and assists clients in the preparation of unanimous shareholder agreements. She also has experience dealing with the establishment and governance of not-for-profit entities and registered charities.
Erin also assists clients with estate planning matters, including the preparation of wills, powers of attorney and advance health care directives.
Erin spent time as in-house counsel for one of the world’s largest diversified mining companies, and brings a unique business-focused perspective to all her files.
- Member, SYPE (Saskatchewan Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs) (2013-present)
- Editorial Board, Saskatchewan Law Review (2007-2008)
- Volunteer, Campus Legal Services (2006-2008)
- “Tax Planning 101” with Todd Rosenberg, Canadian Bar Association Mid-Winter Meeting (2013)
- “Focus on Agriculture and Farm Law: Estate and Tax Planning,” Law Society of Saskatchewan Continuing Professional Development (2013)
- “Gift Acceptance Policies,” presentation to Estate Planning Council (2012)
- Law Society of Saskatchewan Gold Medal for the Most Distinguished Graduate (2008)
- Thomas Dowrick Brown Prize for Most Distinguished Graduate (2008)
- Carswell and Canada Law Book Prize for Highest Academic Standing (2006, 2007, 2008)
- Stikeman Elliott/Carswell National Tax Award (2007)
- Blakes Scholar Award for Highest Academic Standing (2006, 2007)
- BLG Excellence Award for Highest Academic Standing (2006)