Erin Wolff is a member of our Innovation, Data and Technology practice group. Her practice is focused on privacy, health care, freedom of information, technology and procurement law.
- Legal and privacy support for the Saskatchewan Medical Association (SMA) Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Program
- Legal and privacy support for the Saskatchewan Electronic Health Record project including:
- Saskatchewan Laboratory Results Repository (SLRR)
- Radiology Information System /Picture Archiving and Communication System (RIS/PACs)
- Primary Health Care (PHC) Project
- Due diligence on transactions involving technology
Erin regularly advises a variety of public and private sector organizations on a wide range of matters including information privacy, data sharing, information security and records management. She has extensive experience with privacy and freedom of information laws, including matters of interpretation, compliance, policy and procedure development, privacy impact assessments, education and training. She has also advised a number of organizations on access to information requests, as well as investigations and reviews conducted by the Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner.
Erin is experienced in negotiating, drafting and assisting clients with various service and maintenance agreements, hardware and software technology transactions and procuring information technology services and software.
Erin also serves clients in the agriculture and food sector, with a particular focus on Ag-Tech.
- President, Watrous School of Dance (2023 – present)
- Director, Watrous Manitou Marketing Group (2021 – 2023)
- Director, Watrous Childcare Inc. (2017 – 2020)
- Director, Watrous and District Food Bank (2014-present)
- Volunteer, Food Bank (2004-present)
- “Medical Assistance in Dying – Where are We at and What Does it Mean for Me?” Pharmacy Association of Saskatchewan Annual Conference (May 2017)
- “Responding to a Privacy Breach: Hear from the Experts” with Diane Aldridge (OIPC) and Christine Baynton (eHealth Saskatchewan), CBA Saskatchewan Privacy & Access Law South Section (April 2016)
- “IT Contracting: Key Issues and Negotiation Techniques” with Randy Brunet, MLT Aikins IT Law Seminar (January 2017)
- “Privacy Primer for Employers” with Lynsey Gaudin and Amy Gibson, MLT Aikins Privacy/FOI Law Seminar (January 2017)
- “Emerging Issues in Freedom of Information for Government Institutions and Local Authorities” with Danielle Graff, MLT Aikins Privacy/FOI Law Seminar (January 2017)
- “Privacy Law Update” with Randy Brunet, MLT Aikins Privacy/FOI Law Seminar (January 2017)
- “MAID (Medical Assistance in Dying): In Canada” with Kristél Kriel, and Lynsey Gaudin, Canadian Bar Association Saskatchewan Branch BarNotes (December 2016)
- “Privacy Framework and Risks for Financial Institutions,” with Kristél Kriel (January 2016)
- “The Health Information Protection Act (HIPA)/Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA),” College of Pharmacy (Saskatchewan), Pharmacy Privacy Officer Training (2012)
- “Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) Essentials,” Saskatchewan Access, Privacy, Security and Information Management Forum (2012)
- Panellist, Building the Next Generation of Lawyers in Saskatchewan, Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan) Midwinter Meeting (2006)
- Morris and Jacqui Shumiatcher Entrance Scholarship (2002-2003)
- Undergraduate Scholarships (Saskatchewan, 2001-2003)
- Walter and Ruth Leverton Bursary (2000-2001)
- Schulte Memorial Scholarship (2000-2001)
- Governor General’s Academic Award (1999-2000)