Danielle Graff is a member of our leading science and technology practice. She provides advice in connection with transactions involving technology, including licensing, outsourcing and joint ventures.
Danielle has a general corporate commercial practice with a focus on technology, privacy and health-care law. She provides assistance to a diverse client base, including individuals, small businesses, and public and private corporations. Her experience includes assisting clients with outsourcing arrangements and procurement of information technology services and software, advising clients on privacy law interpretation and compliance issues, and providing support in the implementation of health-care IT systems and programs. Danielle has experience drafting and advising clients on development and licensing agreements, hardware and software technology agreements, privacy and access policies and privacy impact assessments.
She has also been involved in commercial transactions that include the purchase and sale of assets and shares as well as private equity and other financing transactions. In her general corporate commercial practice, Danielle regularly advises clients on a wide range of matters including corporate governance and regulatory and compliance matters.
- Co-adviser to two research non-profit corporations involved in the advancement of carbon capture and storage.
- Ongoing co-counsel to Mera Group of Companies in the development and licensing of technology projects and supporting corporate and contractual structure.
- Associate counsel for a mining company for the negotiation of a large and complex outsourcing arrangement.
- Co-counsel to Credit Union Electronic Account Management Services Association (CEAMS) in connection with its acquisition, licensing and implementation of electronic on-line account management, financial services and financial support services systems and software for use by CEAMS’ member credit unions.
- Associate counsel to Health Shared Services Saskatchewan (3sHealth) in the negotiation and documentation of a long-term contract for the supply of laundry and linen services for the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Ongoing counsel to eHealth Saskatchewan, providing legal support with respect to IT contracts, procurement matters, privacy issues, and the development of the Electronic Health Record.
- Assistant counsel to various health care organizations on procurement methods and best practices, service and supply contracts and trade agreement obligations.
- Director and Curl Regina Representative, Caledonian Curling Club (2015)
- BarNotes Editorial Board, Canadian Bar Association Saskatchewan Branch (2012-2015)
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan (2013-present)
- Member, Regina Philharmonic Chorus (2014-present)
- Volunteer, Regina Food Bank (2010-present)
- Co-presenter with Randy Brunet, “Privacy Check-In,” MLT Aboriginal Employment Law Update 2015 Seminar (October 2015)
- “Privacy and Business Law,” Law Society of Saskatchewan Privacy and Access Law Seminar (April 2015)
- Co-presenter with Kristél Kriel, “Is There Such a Thing as ‘Internet Privacy’?,” Canadian Bar Association Saskatchewan Privacy and Access Law South Section (April 2015)
- Co-presenter with Nathan Schissel, “Recent Developments in Corporate Law,” Mid-Winter Meeting 2015, Canadian Bar Association Saskatchewan Branch
- Co-presenter with Randy Brunet, “Electronic Records Management – Legal Issues,” ARMA Saskatchewan Fall Conference (September 2014)
- “The Impact of CASL,” Canadian Bar Association Saskatchewan Corporate Law South Section (February 2014)
- Co-author with Professor Dwight Newman, “Between Reconciliation and the Rule(s) of Law: Tsilhqot’in Nation v. British Columbia” 41 B.C. L. Rev. (2008)