Danielle Graff is a member of our leading Science & Technology practice. She is experienced in providing advice in connection with transactions involving technology, including licensing, outsourcing, and joint venture transactions.
Danielle Graff has a general corporate commercial practice, with a focus on technology, privacy and health care law. Danielle provides assistance to a diverse client base, including individuals, small businesses, and public and private corporations. Danielle’s experience includes: assisting clients with outsourcing arrangements and procurement of information technology services and software; advising clients on privacy law interpretation and compliance issues; and providing support in the implementation of healthcare IT systems and programs. Danielle has experience drafting and advising clients on development and licensing agreements, hardware and software technology agreements, privacy and access policies and privacy impact assessments.
Danielle has also been involved in commercial transactions that include the purchase and sale of assets and shares as well as private equity and other financing transactions. In her general corporate commercial practice, Danielle regularly advises clients on a wide range of matters including corporate governance and regulatory and compliance matters.
- Co-advisor to two research non-profit corporations involved in the advancement of carbon capture and storage.
- Ongoing co-counsel to Mera Group of Companies in the development and licensing of technology projects and supporting corporate and contractual structure.
- Associate Counsel for a mining company for the negotiation of a large and complex outsourcing arrangement.
- Co-counsel to Credit Union Electronic Account Management Services Association (CEAMS) in connection with its acquisition, licensing and implementation of electronic on-line account management, financial services and financial support services systems and software for use by CEAMS’ member credit unions.
- Associate Counsel to Health Shared Services Saskatchewan (3sHealth) in the negotiation and documentation of a long-term contract for the supply of laundry and linen services for the Province of Saskatchewan.
- Ongoing counsel to eHealth Saskatchewan, providing legal support with respect to IT contracts, procurement matters, privacy issues, and the development of the Electronic Health Record.
- Assistant Counsel to various health care organizations on procurement methods and best practices, service and supply contracts and trade agreement obligations.
- Caledonian Curling Club – Director and Curl Regina Representative (2015)
- Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan Branch) – BarNotes Editorial Board (2012-2015)
- Pro Bono Law Saskatchewan – Volunteer (Since 2013)
- Regina Philharmonic Chorus – Member (Since 2014)
- Regina Food Bank – Volunteer (Since 2010)
- “Privacy Check-In”, MLT Aboriginal Employment Law Update 2015 Seminar (co-presented with Randy Brunet) (October 2015)
- “Privacy and Business Law”, Law Society of Saskatchewan Privacy and Access Law Seminar (April 2015)
- “Is There Such a Thing as ‘Internet Privacy’?”, CBA Saskatchewan Privacy and Access Law South Section (co-presented with Kristél Kriel) (April 2015)
- “Recent Developments in Corporate Law”, Canadian Bar Association (Saskatchewan Branch) Mid-Winter Meeting 2015(co-presented with Nathan Schissel)
- “Electronic Records Management – Legal Issues”, ARMA Saskatchewan Fall Conference (co-presented with Randy Brunet) (September 2014)
- “The Impact of CASL”, CBA Saskatchewan Corporate Law South Section (February 2014)
- “Between Reconciliation and the Rule(s) of Law: Tsilhqot’in Nation v. British Columbia” (co-authored with Professor Dwight Newman), 41 B.C. L. Rev. (2008).