Ian’s practice has an emphasis on estate litigation, insurance, debt collection and foreclosure.
Ian practises in civil and estate litigation, class actions and wills and estates.
He has appeared in various levels of court in Manitoba and Alberta including the Provincial Courts, the Courts of Queen’s Bench and Courts of Appeal. Ian has also appeared before various administrative tribunals in Manitoba.
- Associate (2010-2016), D’Arcy & Deacon LLP
- Director, Manitoba Law Foundation
- Honorary Solicitor, St. Andrew’s Society of Winnipeg Trust Fund
- Past President, Manitoba Bar Association
- Past President, Virtuosi Concerts (MB) Inc.
- Former Vice-President, CDBA Manitoba Inc.
- Council Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Maxwell Cohen Family Award for highest standing in International Law
- D.A. Thompson, Q.C. prize for highest standing in Aboriginal Peoples and the Law