Jessica advises clients on environmental and Aboriginal law matters.
Jessica assists Indigenous communities with matters relating to the duty to consult and natural resource extraction. Jessica also advises and represents clients with respect to environmental and licensing matters.
Jessica has appeared before the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, the Alberta Court of Appeal and the Federal Court. She has also appeared before the Alberta Utilities Commission, the Alberta Energy Regulator, the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission and other administrative bodies. She has experience with constitutional challenges, judicial reviews and appeals.
Jessica’s experience as a clerk at the Federal Court and Federal Court of Appeal provides her with a unique insight into effective advocacy in administrative and constitutional matters.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (2014-present)
- Legal Intern, Lawyers for Human Rights, South Africa (2018-2019)
- Member, YWCA Advocacy Committee (2017-2018)
- Volunteer, Edmonton Community Legal Centre (2016-2018)
- Volunteer, Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench Amicus Project (2016-2018)
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project (2016-2018)
- Law Society of Saskatchewan Bronze Medal
- Law Foundation of Saskatchewan Merit-Based Scholarship
- College of Law Academic Excellence Scholarship
- Thomas P. Deis/Cronkite Prize in Constitutional Law
- W.G. Morrow – R.C. Carter Prize (Aboriginal Law)
- Strayer Prize in Constitutional Law
- Mary Richiger Prize in Municipal Law
- Douglas A. Schmeiser Prize in Criminal Procedure
- Cecil G. Schmitt Prize in Company Law
- Bereskin and Par Prize in Intellectual Property Law
- Saskatchewan Law Review Honour
- University of Regina Academic Silver Prize
- Dean’s List, College of Arts and Science, University of Saskatchewan
- University of Saskatchewan Entrance Scholarship