Jilian is an associate with the firm’s business law group practising in the area of corporate/commercial law, with an emphasis on commercial real estate and administrative and public law.
Jilian’s practice is primarily focused on general corporate and commercial law, with an emphasis on real estate transactions, including the purchase and sales of businesses, commercial leases and commercial financing. Jilian also has experience in administrative and public law, providing regulatory bodies as well as agricultural commodity boards, co-operatives and related organizations with advice relating to corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
Jilian completed her articles with MLT Aikins and obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Manitoba in 2021. Prior to attending law school, Jilian completed her Bachelor of Arts degree at the University of Manitoba, majoring in political science and philosophy.
- Participant, Davies Corporate Securities Moot (2020)
- Third-Year Representative, Manitoba Law Students’ Association (MLSA) (2020-2021)
- Mentor, CanU Canada (2018-2021)
- Member, Groups Governance Committee, Robson Hall (2020-2021)
- D. A. Thompson Prize in Law – highest standing in constitutional law (2019)
- Travel Award, Israel and International Law Program (2019)
- Jean & Joseph McCombe Memorial Prize – highest aggregate standing over the BA program (2019)
- MSBI Scholarship – for high academic standing (2019)
- Undergraduate Research Award (2019, 2020)
- Dean’s List, Faculty of Arts (2015-2018)
- UMSU Scholarship – for academic achievement (2015-2018)
- UM Hogg Centennial Entrance Scholarship (2015)