Kyle Smith is an associate in the Calgary advocacy group. Kyle maintains a general litigation practice with a particular focus on complex commercial disputes.
Kyle has experience in numerous areas of litigation particularly in complex corporate and commercial disputes, oil and gas litigation, construction litigation, foreclosures and collections, and insolvency and restructuring. Kyle has successfully represented clients in the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench and the Provincial Court of Alberta.
Kyle graduated from the Faculty of Law at the University of Calgary where he volunteered with Student Legal Assistance, Pro Bono Students Canada (Consent Project), and the Faculty of Law Student Ambassador Program. He completed his articles with MLT Aikins and was a summer student in the firm’s Calgary office in 2019 and 2020.
Kyle continues to volunteer in the community through the Queen’s Bench Amicus Project.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Turnaround Management Association
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel Project, Pro Bono Law Alberta
- President’s Honour Roll, Mount Royal University
- Dean’s Honour Roll, Mount Royal University