Michael Marschal is an associate lawyer in the firm’s Regina office and maintains a broad litigation practice.
Michael was called to the Saskatchewan Bar in 2020 and joined the firm the same year. Michael assists individuals, businesses and organizations in a broad range of civil and commercial litigation matters. Michael takes a practical, results-focused approach to solving client issues.
Michael obtained his Juris Doctor with great distinction from the University of Saskatchewan, graduating second in his class and receiving the Law Society of Saskatchewan Silver Medal. Prior to joining the firm he spent a year clerking at the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal for Justices Jackson, Barrington-Foote, and Kalmakoff.
When not at work, Michael enjoys reading and spending time with his young family. Prior to law school, Michael completed his Bachelor of Social Work at the University of Regina and worked in this field for three years.
- Secretary, Board of Governors, Maria Montessori (2018-2019)
- Volunteer, Systemic Initiatives Program, CLASSIC, Pro Bono Students Canada (2016-2017)
- Volunteer, Summer Success Reading Program, United Way of Saskatoon (August 2017)
- Adult Support, Saskatchewan Youth in Care and Custody Network (2013-2016)
- Mentor, Street Culture Project (2011-2013)
- Silver Medal, Law Society of Saskatchewan, University of Saskatchewan (2019)
- Secured Transactions in Personal Property Class Prize (2019)
- Blakes Scholar (2017, 2018)
- Clifford Reed Scholarship in Law
- Class of ’60 Cronkite Prize in Personal Injuries Compensation
- Donald Maclean Memorial Prize in Constitutional Law
- Silas E. Halyk Prize in Criminal Law
- Strayer Prize in Constitutional Law
- Goldenberg Prize in Taxation (2017-2018)
- P.E. Mackenzie Prize in Evidence
- Amy and Brian Pfefferle Prize