Scott Davidson works primarily with patents, industrial designs, copyright, trademarks and the protection of intellectual property.
- Intellectual property enforcement for various products.
- Due diligence on transactions involving technology and intellectual property.
- Patent drafting and protection for mechanical and software technology companies.
Scott’s particular focus as a patent agent is on drafting and prosecuting patent applications. His background in mechanical engineering and computer science has allowed him to more quickly connect with his technology-oriented clients. He also provides advice on licensing and other intellectual property transactions, and support for intellectual property litigation.
Scott prepares and prosecutes patent applications in Canada and around the world. He is listed on the Patent Agents list on the website of the Canadian Intellectual Property Office.
He provides clients with advice on patent infringement and possible design around strategies in cases where competitors have patents of concern. He also advises clients on the acquisition and transfer of patents and other intellectual property to enhance their understanding of what rights they are receiving.
Scott leverages his understanding of intellectual property laws and processes to provide clients with valuable insight into patent portfolios. He assists with intellectual property audits to help companies better understand and manage their intellectual property rights. He also conducts reviews, and comments on a company’s intellectual property portfolio to allow potential investors to understand the full scope of the intellectual property rights they are obtaining.
- One of the Best Lawyers in Canada – Intellectual Property Law (since 2017)
- A leading practitioner, Intellectual Property, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory