Partner in the litigation group, Tyler practises in commercial, construction, insurance, professional negligence and regulation, employment and administrative law litigation as well as arbitration and mediation.
Tyler has extensive experience providing opinions and decisions on property damage and loss and is well-versed in laws pertaining to property valuation. He has a detailed understanding of the procedures involved, acceptable standards and issues which influence property valuation. Tyler has assisted clients with the claims navigation process and provides practical advice to ensure they are fairly compensated for property damages and losses. His work in this area includes advising on damage assessment and valuation and property restoration matters.
- Dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration and acting as umpire on disputes pursuant to The Insurance Act
- Disputes involving construction projects, including contractual disputes, negligence actions, safety investigations and builders liens
- Disputes involving corporate and securities issues including shareholder disputes, director and officer duties, oppression remedies, relationships between affiliated corporations, takeovers, proxy contests and accounting practices
- Insurance defence in various tort, contract and related claims, for various property, economic and business interruption losses
- Considerable experience representing insurers in coverage claims under various types of policies, including significant claims involving multiple layers of insurance and reinsurance
- Representing professionals in disputes with and investigations by their regulatory authorities, and in malpractice actions
- Advising on and litigating matters pertaining to administrative tribunal proper delegation of authority, bias, scope of review, and representation of members of associations and tribunals
- Advising employers and employees on employment disputes pertaining to disciplinary sanctions, terminations, Human Rights Complaints and Workplace Safety and Health Investigations
- Extensive mediation and arbitration experience
- Appearances/applications before all levels of Court in Manitoba, the Saskatchewan Court of Queen’s Bench, the British Columbia Court of Queen’s Bench and the Ontario Court of Queen’s Bench, and before numerous administrative bodies and professional discipline tribunals
- The Law Society of Manitoba
- The Law Society of British Columbia
- The Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Manitoba Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Panellist, Builders Risk Panel Discussion, presented by Aon Canada and Charles Taylor Adjusting (March 2019)
- Lecturer at various private sector seminars on topics such as professional regulation and discipline, ethics and professional liability in the sphere of medicine, and labour and employment issues.
- A leading practitioner, Litigation (Corporate Commercial), Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory