MLT Aikins provides a full-service immigration practice with a focus on economic and business based immigration. We provide start to finish application services ensuring employers can employ foreign workers in Canada. This also includes comprehensive regulatory compliance and enforcement advising. MLT Aikins commonly assists foreign companies with expansions into Canada as well.
- Successfully prepared a range of immigration applications for individuals and corporations (Labour Market Impact Assessments, Work Permits, Visitor Visas, Temporary Resident Permits, Permanent Residency, Express Entry, Provincial Nominations, Citizenship and Restoration).
- Represented employers, consultants and individuals in various immigration enforcement proceedings and compliance reviews.
- Provided proactive advising to employers in relation to immigration compliance and policy development.
MLT Aikins offers a full range of immigration services to help business clients and employers understand and navigate through complex immigration laws, regulations, treaties and practices that affect the use of foreign workers in Canada.
Whether your goal is to temporarily transfer a single executive, establish a new branch office, or access foreign workers generally, MLT Aikins can help you obtain business visitor status, work permits, temporary resident visas, study permits, permanent resident status or citizenship for your prospective employees. Our immigration lawyers work closely with our labour, corporate and tax lawyers to provide complete immigration solutions.
Our immigration practice also assists employers with advising on proactive compliance with federal and provincial immigration legislation and provides representation in the event of regulatory enforcement proceedings.
We provide advice and services in the following areas:
- Foreign worker labour mobility and compliance
- Federal work permit applications for high-skilled and low-skilled labour, including International Mobility Programs (IMP)
- Work permit extension and change of condition applications
- Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA) and temporary foreign labour through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP)
- Federal permanent residency applications through the Express Entry System, including: Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Trade Worker Program (FTWP) and the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) category
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) applications of all types with a specific focus on the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) and the BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Foreign worker employment contracts and employment issues
- Third-party recruitment contract advising
- Immigration using NAFTA and other Free Trade Agreements
- Immigration compliance and enforcement advising on all levels, including Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and provincial programs
- Business visitor visas
- Federal and provincial immigration pilot programs
- Foreign worker trade certification
- Spousal sponsorship applications
- Study permit applications
- Temporary Entry Visa applications
- Foreign worker refusals and removals from Canada