Restructuring Options For Businesses Facing Liquidity and Solvency Issues
Part One: Finding the Right Path: Formal Restructuring and Informal Workout Options
While the COVID-19 pandemic continues to play out and heavily impact our economies, many business enterprises are encountering liquidity and solvency challenges with which they have little or no experience. There are practical restructuring options (both formal and informal) that businesses can pursue as they work to mitigate liquidity and solvency issues during this uncertain time.
- 01:34 – Determining your liquidity position by Leigh Peters
- 04:50 – Best practices for distressed businesses seeking to maintain lender support by Jeff Lee, Q.C.
- 09:55 – Forbearance agreement as an informal workout option by Dana Nowak
- 14:37 – Bridge financing as an informal workout option by Ryan Zahara
- 16:49 – Appraisals and valuation reports as restructuring tools by Jeff Lee, Q.C.
- 22:30 – Formal restructuring options (CCAA; NOI Proceedings) by J.J. Burnell
- 32:32 – Restructuring options: The role of a financial advisor by Ryan Zahara
- 37:16 – Issues facing the directors of an insolvent company by J.J. Burnell
- 41:57 – Q&A