Restructuring Options For Businesses Facing Liquidity and Solvency Issues
Part Two: So You Have Chosen Formal Restructuring, What’s Next?
Aired on Tuesday, April 28, 2020
While the COVID-19 pandemic continues to play out and heavily impact our economies, many business enterprises are encountering liquidity and solvency challenges with which they have little or no experience. There are practical restructuring options (both formal and informal) that businesses can pursue as they work to mitigate liquidity and solvency issues during this uncertain time. This webinar examines topics including: maintaining lender support, bridge financing, informal workout options and formal restructuring options.
- 01:37 – Creditor protection: what is your end game? – Jeff Lee, Q.C.
- 06:10 – Interim Financing in Formal Restructuring – Jeff Lee, Q.C.
- 12:49 – Strategies to Preserve Contracts with Supplies of Good and Services – Ryan Zahara
- 18:12 – Strategies to Retain Executives, Senior Employments and Other Key Employees During Restructuring – J.J. Burnell
- 21:23 – Restructuring Support From Customers, Suppliers & Strategic Partners – Jeff Lee, Q.C.
- 26:26 – Can Distressed Companies Sell Assets While Operating in Formal Restructuring? – J.J. Burnell
- 29:57 – Supplier, Landlord & Employee Rights in Restructuring – Dana Nowak
- 36:16 – Lien Rights & Construction issues in Restructuring – Dana Nowak
- 48:22 – Formal restructuring Q & A