Andrew practises in the areas of construction law, builders’ lien legislation and commercial litigation, regularly acting for owners, general contractors and sub-contractors. He has particular focus on complex commercial and construction dispute resolution.
- Advancing and defending claims by owners, contractors and subcontractors regarding project delays, construction deficiencies, design issues, lost profits, and contract interpretation disputes
- Advising clients on builders’ lien related matters
- Advising clients on preparing for and complying with Saskatchewan’s forthcoming Prompt Payment and Mandatory Adjudication regime
- Assists clients on matters involving large amounts of documents, efficiently and effectively using eDiscovery tools
Andrew is a construction lawyer with a range of dispute resolution experience from complex industrial and public works projects to small- and medium-sized construction projects. He has assisted project participants at all levels of the construction process with managing, advancing and defending construction related disputes. This includes advising on claims relating to project delays, claims for extras, construction deficiencies and scope disputes. He is also experienced with builders’ lien related matters. Andrew has assisted clients across industries, including energy, utilities, agriculture, health care and aviation.
Andrew also has experience in constitutional and commercial litigation and has appeared before all levels of Court in Saskatchewan.
- Chair, Professional Development Committee, Manitoba Law Students’ Association (2016- 2017)
- Member, Tuition Review Committee, Manitoba Law Students’ Association (2015-2016)
- Robson Hall Academic Support Program, Peer Tutor, Constitutional Law
- Volunteer researcher, Pro Bono Students Canada (2014-2015)
- Trustee, Immaculate Heart of Mary School Board of Trustees (2015-present)
- Director, St. Paul’s High School Alumni Association (2014-2017)
- Member, Property Subcommittee, St. Andrew’s Ukrainian Catholic Church (2015-2017)
- Presenter, “Understanding Your Legal Risks and Obligations as an Engineer”, Regina Engineering Society (January 2020)
- Presenter, COVID-19 Related Claims, CCDC 2 Consultants (Spring 2020)
- Davies’ Corporate/Securities Moot – sixth place individual, fifth place team (2017)
- Robson Hall Negotiation Competition – first place team (2017)
- Aikins, MacAulay & Thorvaldson Honourable Marshall Rothstein Prize for Highest Standing in Constitutional Law (2015)
- Leader of Tomorrow Scholarship, University of Manitoba (2011)
- Morton H. Nemy Faculty of Law Entrance Scholarship (2014)
- D.A. Thompson Q.C. Prize