Bob Kasian is a real estate and commercial lawyer with broad experience in the areas of commercial real estate and secured lending. His clients include owners, tenants, developers, financial institutions, private lenders and investors.
- Saskatchewan counsel for a newly formed REIT in connection with its initial public offering on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the acquisition of a portfolio of commercial properties.
- Saskatchewan counsel for a REIT in the purchase of two major shopping centres located in Saskatoon and Regina.
- Counsel for various financial institutions and lenders in respect of commercial financing transactions.
- Counsel for the purchaser of a $40 million office tower in Regina.
- Saskatchewan counsel for a REIT in the purchase and financing of various office and commercial buildings with an aggregate purchase price of over $50 million.
- Counsel for an anchor tenant in the negotiation of a 40,000 square foot office lease in a newly constructed Class A office tower.
- Saskatchewan counsel for a REIT for the acquisition and financing of a retail shopping centre in Saskatoon having a purchase price of $185 million.
- Counsel for a developer on the acquisition, financing and development of multiple assisted living residences having an aggregate value of approximately $223 million.
- Counsel to a financial institution providing a $30 million credit facility to a publicly traded mining company secured principally by the borrower’s mineral holdings.
- Counsel for the vendor of a $50 million Class A office tower in Saskatoon.
- Counsel for a developer in the acquisition of a portfolio of apartment buildings in Saskatoon, North Battleford and Regina and the subsequent conversion of the buildings into condominiums having an aggregate value of approximately $40 million.
Bob regularly represents clients on matters related to the development, acquisition and financing of farm land, condominiums, office buildings, industrial properties, apartment complexes, condominium projects, hotel properties, assisted-care facilities and other commercial properties in Saskatchewan.
- Director, Regina Downtown Business Improvement District (April 1, 2017-August, 2019)
- Director (2013-2016), Vice-Chair (2015), Chair (2016), Regina Chamber of Commerce
- Member (2013-present), Legal Advisory Committee, Office of Public Registry Administration (2013-present)
- Member (2011-present), Legal Sector Customer Committee, Information Services Corporation
- Director (2012 – present), Vice-Chair (2016-present), Governance Committee Chair (2015-present), Regina Trades & Skills Centre
- Member (2010-2013), Real Estate Committee, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- “Buying, Selling and Leasing Farmland – Legal Considerations,” 2016 CYFF Annual Young Farmers Conference (Vancouver, February 26-29, 2016)
- “Title Insurance in Real Estate Transactions,” Focus on Real Estate, Law Society of Saskatchewan (October 2012)
- “Investing in Farmland,” Global Ventures 3, No. 4 (July/August 2011)
- “Acquiring Surface Rights Under The Surface Rights Acquisition and Compensation Act,” BarNotes XXIV, No. 3 (spring 2010)
- “Recent Developments in Condominium Law,” Real Estate Institute of Saskatchewan, Annual General Meeting (2010)
- “Foreign Ownership Restrictions Under The Saskatchewan Farm Security Act,” Canadian Bar Association, Business Law North Subsection (2010)
- “Liability of Property Owners Under Saskatchewan Environmental Legislation,” BarNotes Vol. XXIII, No. 3 (spring 2009)
- “Provinces Differ on Condo Fund Study Requirements,” The Lawyers Weekly (February 27, 2009)
- “Comparison of Condominium Reserve Fund Study Requirements,” The Lawyers Weekly Vol. 28, No. 39 (February 27, 2009)
- “Commercial Leases,” Real Estate in a Hot Market Seminar, Saskatchewan Legal Education Society (2008)
A leading practitioner, Property Development, Property Leasing, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory