Charlene is an intellectual property lawyer and registered patent agent in the firm’s Calgary office.
Charlene’s extensive experience in intellectual property law encompasses a wide spectrum of technologies and industries, focusing on drafting patent applications and negotiating the scope of patent claims with patent offices. Examples of technologies and industries for which Charlene has assisted clients in obtaining patents include artificial intelligence, industrial robotic technology, clean energy, oil and gas, electrical transmission systems, transportation systems, agriculture, cannabis, medical devices, sports equipment and consumer gadgets.
Charlene provides a range of intellectual property services and advice, including:
- Strategically advising how to protect intellectual property assets, through patents, industrial design and design patents, copyright, trademarks and trade secrets
- Drafting and filing patent applications
- Providing practical, business-focused advice on infringement and freedom to operate matters
- Conducting due diligence on intellectual property assets
- Alberta Law Society
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)