Commercialization & IP Strategy
Your proprietary technology and intellectual property are among your most critical business assets. Making sure you’re extracting value from your IP is essential.
When you’re creating new technologies, equipment or processes, you need to determine how you’ll capture a return on the investment you’ve made into research and development, whether it be through licensing, commercialization, distribution, retailing, collaborative arrangements or other structures.
But how you commercialize your IP depends on a number of factors. We can help you determine the best approach by considering the following:
- What makes up your current IP, and are you expecting new IP in the future?
- How is your IP best used? Alone or in combination with other IP?
- What steps are you taking to capture potential IP?
- What makes your IP valuable in the market – and who is your market?
- Do you have the in-house resources to get your IP to market, or do you need a partner?
We can help make sure your IP is reaching its intended market and work with you to develop an overall IP strategy. We’ll advise you on the offensive and defensive strategies that are best suited to protecting your IP, and help you track and manage the creation of new IP.
A trusted adviser can help you navigate the best approaches to commercialization and IP strategy to support your organization’s vision and to make sure you’re getting the value you deserve for your IP.