Brent W. Mielke focuses his practice on construction law, builders’ liens, creditors’ remedies, commercial lease disputes and civil litigation.
Brent is a partner based out of the firm’s Edmonton office. Brent’s practice focuses on construction law, builders’ liens, creditors’ remedies, commercial lease disputes, shareholder disputes and civil litigation. He has regularly appeared before all levels of court in Alberta.
Outside of the office, Brent has served as a board member of the City of Edmonton Landlord & Tenant Advisory Board and Co-Chair of the Canadian Bar Association Commercial Property subsection.
He has been a mentor with the Canadian Bar Association Mentor Program, and volunteered as an instructor and evaluator for the Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education (CPLED program). He has also previously participated as a lecturer in the Edmonton Public School’s Law for the Layperson program.
Brent has been a volunteer for both the Kidney Foundation and for the Heart & Stoke Foundation. He has participated in Junior Achievement and has coached minor hockey and soccer.
- Guest Instructor, Intensive Trial Advocacy Course, Legal Education Society of Alberta (June 2019)
- Mentor, Canadian Bar Association Mentor Program (2015-present)
- Instructor, CPLED Negotiations Program (November 2018)
- Oral Advocacy Evaluator, CPLED (August 2017; January 2018; October 2018)
- Board member, City of Edmonton Landlord & Tenant Advisory Board (1998-2002)
- Co-chair, Canadian Bar Association Commercial Property Subsection
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Recognized in Best Lawyers, Corporate and Commercial Litigation (2022)